2

***

***

Mya Amalia
The sound of my alarm wakes me up instantly. I sit up and rub my eyes , trying to keep myself awake before i sling my whole body off my small dainty bed. Still half asleep I begin to get ready for the day. Aliya and i have planned to meet up today to walk to school together. While I apply a thin layer of mascara to my eyes , eventhough i was going to wear my glasses. My Phone pings;

Aliya: You ready Bitch? Im outside your house xo

Mya: Yeah give me a min x

Aliya: Hurry , theres a man in a car xo

Mya: Im coming now , wussy x

I grab my bag and head downstairs, My mother already at work, I feel bad for her but its life and if my father hadnt taken that stupid mayor job then we would all still be a happy family. All of us still alive. Like usual, a note was left for me by my mother. The same old note.

'Morning my luv! Have a good day at school. I will be home by 9. please do what your suppose to. Lots of love ma xx'

"yeah , yeah mum i know the drill." I mumble to myself before leaving the house. Aliya, was stood outside my door, Her eyes fixed on something.

"Hey." I make myself present . No reply, her face in a fixed monotone expression , like her body was in a different dimension. "Hellooo. Aliya? What are you looking at?" I nudge her at my last question, causing her whole body to jump and let out a little yelp.

"Sorry. I was in a different world." She laughs it off while playing with her long blonde hair. Nodding in dismissal, i walk ahead of her because we were going to be late.

"Did you hear about that fight with ben and Leon?" Alyia questions while speeding walking to catch up with me.

...

The school is already packed and i can already feel my palms becoming clammy, my breathing becoming a little less unsturdy. Me and Aliya had planned to get here earlier to avoid me having a panic attack. But yet here we are , standing at the gates and i can already feel it coming for me. Ready to swallow me up and spit me out in a ball of mess.

"You have got to be joking me." I huff under my breath while i grab my headphones out of my bag. Music has saved my life numerous times.

"Im sorry Mya I thou-" Aliya starts

"Save it Aliya. It is what it is, i will see you at break, Yeah? " i cut her off so she can save her breath. I was used to the usual protocol. Her eyes drop a little, instantly making me feel bad. But before I could say anything else she walks away.

"Great." I try and spit out, with my breathing becoming harder and harder to control, I walk towards the stairs that i can't seem to get to. Everything feeling like it is in slow motion, all i could hear was my heart thumping, even my music couldn't save me from this one.

My anxiety taking over, I spin myself back around and run for the gates as my vision slowly turns black. The monster taking over me...

Flashbacks of that day sending me into a harder, deeper place to be able to escape. I shake my hands and run for the alleyway behind school with my blurry and dizzy vision. Placing my back on the wall i close my eyes.

Flashback:

My father walks onto the wooden podium, in his black suit and his brown greyish hair gelled back. He loved his job, my mother loved how he loved his job and i loved how in love my mother was of the idea that my dad was the ' Main man' and how he was so important.

"Good evening people of My beloved town! How are we all tonight?" he greets the cheering crowd. "Im very pleased to be here tonight. I would like to address some serious issues that the town is facing. Threats of gangs and higher associations have come to my attention, Unlike most times they like to stay at their side of town. But to my concern, they have killed 5 people now, and most likely more, but I can't lose any more of you. You guys are my life and all i want to do is keep you all safe. So im putting everyone in immediate lockdown. Affective from right after this speech. We will remain in this until the authorities have tracked down and lock-" The sound of a gunshot pierces my ears and in reflex, i crouch down and cover my head. But, once i hear screams of bloody murder coming from my mother i look back to the stand. My father, laying on the floor, blood pouring out of him like there's no tomorrow. I cup my mouth in shock and collapse to the floor.