67

Harry's POV: the Year 2003 

I lay in my bed looking at the ceiling, my stomach grumbling with hunger, I haven't had anything to eat today. Mama has been out all day doing jobs for dad and he's been at work all day too. As soon as he gets home I don't leave my room for the rest of the night. I'm too scared to even go to the toilet without been shouted at. Mama said it will all be okay soon and that we will move away as soon as it is safe to do so. My friend Matty said that his mum and dad were taking him to a place called a theme park. I wonder if it's a place where naughty boys and girls go because Matty is naughty. 

8:45 PM is very late in my house. Everyone is in bed by this time. What harm could it do if I go and get an apple off the kitchen counter? I shuffle out of my bed trying to not make a single sound because of my dad being a light sleeper. I open my door and creep out, i tiptoe downstairs trying to be soundless. Until i get into the kitchen, I reach up and flick the light on, causing the whole room to flicker as the light fights to stay on. I shuffle around to where the fruit is kept. I lean over and grab an apple, But before i could even take it I see the door open out the corner of my eye, Making my heart drop. 

I slowly look over to see him stood there, I immediately drop the food and take a small step back, Praying in my head that i can make an escape route

I slowly look over to see him stood there, I immediately drop the food and take a small step back, Praying in my head that i can make an escape route. "Im. Im sorry dad, I was just hungry." I mumble as i watch him take a swig from his bottle of beer. I hate it when dad drinks, it makes him so much angrier, He squeezes the bottle out of anger before throwing it towards me. In reflex, i squeal and duck down causing a loud smashing noise to come from behind me. And before i can move I feel his large hands grab ahold of my shoulders, ragging them. 

"You fucking think you can just take food without permission huh?!" Dads shouting hurts my ears so much to the point where i feel them ringing after he's stopped. I shake my head in response and whimper as he pulls me away from the counter, throwing me onto the floor causing my head to hit off the ground. I know this one is going to sting later on. Before i can even process what he's doing his ring covered fist files into my face, causing me to scream out in pain. And then he does it again. I feel my nose begin to bleed. "You think its fucking okay to go around the house doing whatever you fucking like. Eh? You little shit!" My dads voice echos around the empty house as he throws his hands in my face and stomach without second thoughts. "Your nothing but a waste of space you little bastard!" I hate dad, i hate how he treats me. Im a good kid , well i try to be one anyway. i feel my eyes becoming heavier as i start to go into a sleep but then he stops hitting me because of another voice. 

"Tony! Stop hitting him!" My mum shrieks from the door as she rushes into the kitchen towards my dad who is towering over me. I blink rapidly to try and see what is going on around me, my heart hurting when i see my father turn around and shove my mama away from him causing her to fall and cry out in pain. 

"Dad! Please stop!" I try and shout through my pained body. I think every bone in my body is damaged. His firm grip surprises me as he picks me up by my hair, making my ears ring.