25. Osiris

I slowly open my eyes as my head starts to clear up from the sedative they gave me, I look up to see that I was lieing flat on my face with my body twisted in a weird angle I didn't know I could do.
I plant my hands on the ground and lift myself up onto my knees, I stumble back to my elbows as a wave of dizziness hits me, I groan and shake my head blinking away the after effects of the injection.
I look up after a few moments to see I'm in a giant version of a cat carrier but it's thick solid steel, I huff out a breath as I'm trapped once again, just my luck.
There a series of clangs of metal on metal, drills and quiet chattering and laughing, I look forward towards the sound and lift myself up so I'm sitting then I slowly crawl forward with my wings flat against my back.

As soon as I'm close enough to the small section of bars half way up the cage thing im in, I look out to see I'm in a massive room and I'm right smack bang in the middle of it, in the far corner of the room there is an alcove where it is sectioned off by a big wall of wood not letting any prying eyes to get a sneak peek, I hear an approach of footsteps and turn my head into the direction.
I look behind me to see a woman who is thankfully human, walk up to where I was just lieing, I stand perfectly still and watch as she moves her head around to try and see me I watch her face contort as her eyes go wide with fear still scanning the floor.

"I'd step back if I were you", a familiar deep voice addresses behind the woman, the woman jumps back away from the cage and stands beside the dark haired man, the pureblood I'm guessing.
"But she's awake", she squeaks out, as soon as the words leave her mouth the room goes visibly quieter and I start to feel more stares curiously sweeping over the carrier I'm in,
"Get back to work!" I slightly flinch at the man raising his voice but it seems to work as the noise once again picks up, I stay where I am and watch as the man looks from where I was and starts to scan down the cage, I slowly lower myself below the bars and flatten myself against the wall so he doesn't see me.
It seems to work as I hear him walk past the carrier and towards the construction, I poke my head up to look through the bars and watch as the man goes up to a few people taking a break outside the wall,

"How long?"

"Not long now sir we are nearly done"

"Good oh and I want a platform and a branch on the outside but not too big", they both nod their heads in acknowledgement, he looks over at me and I hold his gaze, he smirks which I respond with a flash of my teeth, his eyes flick to something beside me but as soon as I turn to the side I'm met with the barrel of a dartgun, I hiss out and quickly jump back making the person miss and dart the floor instead,
"Fuck", the person behind the gun says as he loads another, I didn't notice that another person was behind me and I slightly yelp as I feel a sting in my shoulder, I swing my arm behind my back and knock the dart out of my shoulder, I turn around with a hiss and unfold my wings in a threatening way, it doesn't work as they can only half unfold by the height of the carrier im in.
Then as if on cue dizziness comes over me, I stumble and I shake my head to try and clear it but all it does is send me falling flat on my back as the world fades out once again.

I'm jolted awake and instantly sit up and look around me to see the carrier I'm in slowly moving towards the construction area.
I quickly stand and steady myself to see that I'm slightly in the air with a forklift carrying me, I look over to the construction area to find that they have took the wall down and in its place is thick steel bars from the floor to the roof and inside is a big tree stump that is twice the size of me, there is a big bush in the right corner of the cage and in the left corner there is a wall of stones that leads to a medium size ish platform lined with big stones on the edges.

My carrier stops right at the bars of the cage, not long after I feel myself lowered to the ground then the reverse of the forklift behind me, I stay planted to the spot at the back of the carrier as I hear footsteps approaching.
I watch as the dark haired man goes to the front and opens the cage door and then makes a hand signal to someone in front of him then the carrier door flys upwards, I growl out my surprise at the man,
"You are all dismissed", the man says with an even deeper voice than he used before, after he said that I hear a clutter of shoes against the marble floor and the soft sound of a door closing.
I watch as the man sighs and comes over to where I'm stood rooted in my spot, he crouches down beside me and I snap my eyes to him, I watch as he flickers his eyes over my face when his mouth moves,
"Hi, I'm Osiris", he says with a small smile, my jaw hardens as I try to figure out how I'm going to get out of this,
"I'm going to help get your humanity back", he says while tapping his temple, my lips twitch and he seems to notice.
"What's your name?" he asks as he tilts his head as if to look into my soul, I make my eyes glow brighter in a warning to piss off but he keeps talking,
"Do you like your new home?" I pin my eyes at him and his eyebrow twitches,
"Do you want to go into your new enclosure?" at the word enclosure I visibly puff up and my tail swings wildly underneath me and I hiss out at him, his eyebrows shoot up shocked by my reaction,
"Enclosure?" I start to hiss out violently, he backs away and I let out subtle growls.
He sighs and turns on his heel and walks to a different room to my left, I watch as he reappears with a silver bowl, I blow out hot air from my annoyance and he goes to the front of the carrier and puts the bowl inside the cage but by the carrier.
I don't move an inch, but I know there's definitely Apple and mango in there by the scent.
After a few minutes of silent watching he goes into the bowl and pulls out a full apple, he comes over and crouches like before, he pushes the Apple through the bars and it lands on the floor next to my puffed tail.