twentyseven

Jeongha hadn't said anything even after the she and Jinmiche left. "I suppose the weight of the information from that book was too much, it even shook the great Jeongha." Jinmiche tried lightening the atmosphere.

"I really died?" He had only let her read the important bits, only her story. She insisted on reading about Kyung too and Jinmiche had obligeed, because when Kwon Jeongha asks you to do something the only way to not do it is death.

"You did, Kyung was very mad." He hadn't let her read who killed her or what Kyung did after finding her dead.

"It doesn't matter, that book has no power here." Jinmiche couldn't let her do something stupid, he tried easing her and popping any unnecessary thoughts and ideas.

"Then why did we burn it."

.

.

.

"Are you going to pretend like you don't know anything again?" Kyung had been distant during class, so of course Jeongha followed him after class.

"How do you have─" "Didn't I tell you, you will have to tell me the truth if I find this book?" Kyung was definitely talking about Trumpet Creeper.

'How did he find it─'

"I don't think it's about this world. Is it the writer's previous book? It looks like I'm right. I knew it." Kyung was putting the pieces together, he was dangerously close to the truth.

"What if it is?" Jinmiche was challenging Kyung, trying to rid him off his theory. "The previous book doesn't mean anything. It has no power because it's finished." He was telling Kyung exactly what he had told Jeongha, yet she or Kyung didn't believe him.

"If that's true, why are you trying so hard to hide it? Danoh said the lines I saw in that book." Kyung had paused, as if he wasn't even there.

"Jeongha died." He continued, Jeongha gasped, the one thing she didn't want Kyung to know. "So, what is it that you want?" Jinmiche replief with a stoic expression.

"What do I want? Getting back what was taken away from me." Kyung said indifferently. "What may be taken from me again? Jeongha? That's whay I want. Putting everything to where it was so Jeongha doesn't suffer." Jinmiche couldn't reply.

What Kyung asked for was only fair, to not lose whom he loved. But was that possible. "Kyung?" Jeongha came out of hiding, "I know you knew. I don't care, I can't lose you." He turned to Jeongha, then back to Jinmiche.

"I won't lose her, even if I have to kill someone." Kyung glared at Jinmiche and walked away before taking Jeongha's hand and dragging her with him.

"When are we going to stop?" Jeongha finally chirped, it seemed the habit of walking aimlessly had been adopted by her boyfriend as well.

"Do you know what or who killed you?" Was the first question Kyung asked as soon as they stopped.

"I don't." 'I do.', "Kyung please stop, this isn't worth it. We have only so much time so let's forget about this and focus on us." Jeongha held his head and threw together as many comforting words as possible.

She wasn't going to ruin this.

"Fine." He stuffed the pages in his pocket. "Whatever." He turned away, Jeongha smiled he was still somewhat new to being in a relationship.

Jeongha entangled their hands and started walking, "Don't hesitate, it's a waste of time." She nodded towards him.

"I won't."

.

.

.

Jeongha was hanging out alone because Kyung was busy with a stage. 'My cute boyfriend.' She thought, she was too lucky to have him.

"Why am I always such a jerk!" Kyung stormed into the A3 room, "Always hurting the people I care for." He sat down besides Jeongha, his hand finding hers.

"What happened?" She tightened the grip, "I had a scene with Danoh, I shouted at her as always." He sighed, "It's okay, it's the writers doing." Jeongha calmed him down, rationalising his actions.

"It's, I didn't feel bad. As if they had taken away something precious from me, I couldn't care less about her or Haru." "Like they killed me?" Jeongha didn't realise she had said it out loud.

"What?" He looked at her immediately, "Nothing." She tried brushing away.

"What did you say?" He screamed after her even though she left.

.

.

.

"So tacky." The A3 boys descended from the stairs and the girls flocked them, "Always so tacky." Jeongha shook her head, thankfully she wasn't a part of this scene so she took to taking pictures, to bully them about this later.

Even after Namju and Juda had their scene and Dohwa and Kyung left, she seemed to be stuck in her place.

'Why can't I move?' Her phone rang. "Hello?" This was her stage, "I need you to come shopping with me." Her mother was on the other line.

"For the wedding, after school you and Danoh." So this was what the stage was about.

"Sure." 'It's not like I have a choice.' Jeongha wanted to add.

"Good and I heard about your marks, we have some talking to do."