Chapter 4: You got the job!

"So, how'd it go?" Uraraka asked as Deku hung up the phone.

"Good. Really good. I think I'm going to take the deal" Deku said with a clear hint of excitement and anticipation in his voice but even still there was a small part of him that was holding it back, trying to remain composed and calm. Uraraka chuckled.

"Deku you don't have to put your celebrations on hold just because I haven't got a job yet. I'm happy for you and you should be too. If you want to celebrate then celebrate" Uraraka said smiling with genuine elation and joy that Deku had gotten what he wanted. He was going to be a hero. Deku tried to hold back his smile but he couldn't help it. Inch by inch it stretched across his face until a bright beaming smile covered it, stretching from ear to ear. That's when he jumped onto the sofa and started kicking his feet in the air like an extremely excited little kid. Uraraka just watched him and smiled. She was just happy to see him this happy.

"I'm gonna be a pro! I get to be a pro hero! I was considering being sidekick for a while but I'm going to be a pro hero! I can't believe it!" Deku squealed in excitement, rolling around, jumping up and down kicking and punching with pure glee that he'd done it. He'd actually done it.

"Well done Deku. I'm so proud of you" Uraraka said. Deku tried to calm himself down and ran over to Uraraka hugging her tightly.

"I never could've done it without you" he said holding back the teardrops. Uraraka was slightly surprised but when she heard those words she couldn't help but smile.

"That's really sweet of you to say Deku" she said returning his embrace.

"It's true. Without you, Eri, All Might, our classmates, Mr Aizawa and everybody else who was there with us I would never have made it to where I am now" Deku said truly grateful for everybody that had helped him along the way. And Uraraka had been there for every step of the journey.

"Oh Deku" was all she could say before a few teardrops fell from her cheeks.

"Anyway, I have to go make another call. Did you know Todoroki is going to be sidekick by the way?" Deku asked as the huh finally ended.

"No I didn't. Who's sidekick is he going to be?" Uraraka asked but quickly realised the answer to her question the moment she'd asked it.

"Endeavour's. Apparently the plan is for Todoroki to be his sidekick until he retires and then Todoroki takes the mantle. Makes a lot of sense but I thought he'd just go straight into being his own hero. He's certainly capable" Deku said thinking out loud.

"Yeah he is. Hadn't you better go make that other call?" she asked as Deku sat down to think about Todoroki partnering with his father but her question quickly snapped him out of it.

"Right. Be back in a few minutes" he said picking up his phone and calling a number before disappearing into a different room. That's when it finally occurred to Uraraka.

Who was he calling?...