Chapter 25: Deku arrives

Deku burst through the lobby doors and entered the atrium where he first met Miss Flueric. However what was once a perfectly normal entrance to a company building was now a horror scene. Lifeless corpses lay everywhere you looked. Each still bearing the look of horror in their eyes. Almost as if they had been frozen in time at the peak of their terror before they died in a pool of their own blood. Some police officers were struggling to stomach the sight but Deku wasn't phased anymore. He'd grown used to the atrocities that Eve had left in her path. He walked straight past the bodies and over to the captain that he'd eyed when he walked in.

"Captain. I'm here to assist. What's the situation?" Deku enquired as the sergeant turned to shake his hand before gesturing for Deku to follow him.

"As far as we can tell every victim she's claimed on her way to the lab died from blood loss. We already suspected her quirk had something to do with blood but still no clue how it works or what the specifics are. We went through what we could of security footage and they kept referring to her as "Eve" when she was-" he began as the two walked but Deku placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped the captain in his tracks.

"Wait a minute. Did you say they called her Eve?" he asked. The captain didn't think much of it and just nodded with a little "mm-hm" to confirm.

I knew our killer had to be one of them. She must be here for Adam then. The garden being the facility that they were kept in. Hagakure was right when she said it felt more like it was designed to keep somebody in rather than keep others out.

That's when Deku snapped back to reality as he realised the captain was still talking to him.

"When she couldn't access the facility she made her way up to the big boss' office. Clearly she was terrified of her because she killed herself with a bullet to the brain before Eve could reach her. Didn't stop the crazy woman from writing "Lucifer" in big bold letters on the floor with the boss lady's blood. After that she returned a few moments later with the passcode she needed to lift the facility's lockdown. She's currently locked herself inside and we're not sure how many hostages she may have or what the situation is in there. We're completely blind. Only thing we know for sure is that there's seemingly only one way in to the facility. That's all I got for you" the captain informed him. Deku thought for a moment about his options and the different possibilities. That's when a screen on the reception desk suddenly burst into life and Eve's crazed and bloodshot eyes became visible on the screen. One by one every screen in the building began to have the same image displayed upon them. Some of the officers were unnerved and the odd few started trembling. Deku approached the monitor and stared down the crazed woman. Even though it was through the screen he felt they were both looking directly at each other. Looking around the room, he saw the cameras pointing straight at him.

So you are watching me. Why? To see if I'm phased by your fear tactics?

Suddenly the speakers in the atrium made a loud static sound as they burst into life. The static only lasted for a moment before they were replaced with Eve's deep breaths. It echoed throughout the building. Her anger noticeably audible in her breathing.

"Hello Eve" Deku said to test if she could hear him. The scoff from Eve in response gave him his answer.

"Eve I need you to listen to me very carefully. We have the building surrounded and there's nowhere for you to run. Please surrender yourself to the nearest officer and nobody else needs to get hurt" Deku tried to plead. Nothing. She just stared at him. Deku didn't break though. He didn't want to show any signs of weakness.

"I know you're here for Adam. I know you want revenge for whatever they've done to you both. If you cooperate I can make sure that you're both kept safe and you can help us bring these people to justice" Deku tried to reason. Eve didn't budge. He was certain she wasn't going to listen to him. Yet he had to try.