Encounters in Viridian

~Author's Notes~

Hey everyone, I hope you are all enjoying my story. I know this one took a while to come out and that's because I was dealing with stuff. But, everything is starting to become better now and I'm going to try to get a new chapter in for you guys to read and don't have to wait long. I would appreciate any kinds of feedback that anyone of you may have about the story. Also, seeing comments makes me feel better about writing these stories.

Anyway, in our previous chapter, our two protagonists were ready to explore Viridian City until they were stopped by a determined police detective and his ace partner Pokémon who were in search of answers about the event that happened on Route 1. What will he find out, and what will happen to our two heroes?

Hope you enjoy reading this chapter.

_____________________________________________________

Day 1
~{Viridian City- 1:11 PM}~

"I don't mean to intrude on your leisurely stroll, but I'm currently in the middle of an investigation and I simply want to ask you two a few questions."

The solemn detective clarified to Red and Leaf while still holding out his police badge to show them who he was.

Red looked closely at the officer's badge and saw that the name displayed on the item said, "Looker." He uttered out loud.

"That's me. International Police Detective Looker. And this is my partner, Growlithe. Nice to meet you, kids." The detective grinned at the two after introducing himself and his Pokémon.

Growlithe barked with ease as it stood nobly, gazing up at the Red and Leaf.

Though still confused as to why the officer stopped them, Red and Leaf decided to introduce themselves  to the seemingly trustworthy man and his Pokémon.

Looker and Growlithe were pleased to know the two trainers as they continued to smile at them.

However, Looker became particularly intrigued as he looked at Red. The man's pleasant smile diminished as he expressed a look of suspicion. The police officer scratched his chin as he zoomed closer to Red, examining the boy's face as he tried to distinguish him from someone he remembered that looked just like him.

Red became puzzled, a bit concerned, too, as to why the man was looking at him. "He's so close to me. Why is he looking at me like that? Does he know something about me?"

Looker stepped back from Red and spoke out, "You look very familiar, kid. Something about you reminds me of someone I knew. Especially that hat you're wearing. I swear I've seen it before, but I can't quite remember where."

The man continued to think as he paced back and forth, pondering about who Red reminded him of.

Red and Leaf stood in silence and they decided not to interrupt the man as he thought.

Looker then looked back at Red and Leaf as they were giving him bewildered expressions. Looker smiled at the two, brushing the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Sorry about that. I just got caught up in my thoughts trying to remember something. It's just a force of habit that happens when I get stuck on a specific subject. Hehe." Looker laughed as he found what he does rather funny. "But, I'm sure it'll come to me sooner or later."

"So, what it is that you want to know, Mr. Looker?" Red questioned, reminding the detective of his purpose for stopping them.

"Right, about that... It's in regards to an incident that happened nearby, a few hours ago. But mind if we walk as we talk about this?" Looker suggested to the two as he took out his notepad.