Trouble in the Tunnel

{Author's Pre-Notes}

(A Mew floats above a vast region filled with grassland, mountains, bodies of water, and towns and cities filled with many people. It watches as all sorts of Pokémon fill the landscape as it looks off into the distance. )

So this is Paldea... There is beauty in this new region.

(Turns around)

OH! Um, hi! It's been a while! I guess it's mostly due to how busy I am now. *Ahem* So first off, just an update about myself and life; I have officially finished my fall quarter at university! I finished all my assignments, essays, and final exams, ending on a pretty good note! Yay!

On another note, which might be obvious to some since I'm a huge Pokémon fan, I've been playing the new Pokémon games for a while now since they came out. I got Pokémon Scarlet because I really liked Koraidon more than Miraidon. Please, don't come after me for this because this is my opinion. :D

But yeah, I've been playing a lot of Pokémon Scarlet lately, even when I was still in school and doing other stuff like making art. So, it was a lot of multitasking which explains why I took too long to update my story. But, I'm back now so expect more chapters to come sooner. Hopefully.

Anyway, let's move on to what happened last time! Let's see, what did happen the last time we were here?

(Pulls out notes and reads through them.)

Ah, here we go. Red has won his second Gym Badge and has made a CLOSE friendship with the beautiful, Tomboyish Mermaid herself, Misty. I'm so proud of our best boi! Oh, and it seems that lots of people now know about Red's goal to compete in the Pokémon League. This will NOT have any negative effects on Red and Leaf's journey! For sure. And it seems Professor Oak is getting closer to finding our two leads. Let's see if he'll be able to make it to them before something bad happens!

(Tosses notebook away)

Well, that catches us up with everything that happened previously. I hope you're eager to find out what happens next! I for sure am, and I'm the one writing everything! Hope you all enjoy this chapter and I'll see you all at the end for some hints as to what will happen next! Enjoy!

(Sees an ancient-looking Scarlet colored Pokémon gliding in the air)

Whoa! I think I'm going to go fly with it. See ya!

~{PikaMew- December 16, 2022}~

_____________________________________________________

Day 3
~{Cerulean City- 9:38 AM}~

"I'm a little disappointed that we won't get to see Blue's battle against Misty," Leaf admitted walking alongside Red as they made their way toward the exit of the Cerulean City Gym Lobby.

Red simply shrugged. "Well, he did say he didn't want his battle to keep us from continuing our adventure. I think he didn't want ME to see his strategic battling style so I won't beat him in our next battle. But I'll show him a strategic battling style.

Leaf giggled as Red expressed a burning fist of vigor and devious four-pointed stars in his eyes.

"I'm looking forward to seeing what our next destination is. I do hope we get to see more Pokémon along the way. Or perhaps find some answers about-"

Upon opening the doors to exit the building, Leaf was cut mid-sentence as she was surprised by the number of people that were standing in front of the Gym.

"Well... This is unexpected."

Red was rather overwhelmed by what he could only describe as a crowd of strangers awaiting the now trending Gym Challenger of Kanto. Civilians, local trainers, and even multiple news crews had rushed to the Cerulean City Gym hoping to see the challenger that defeated Misty. The people crowded the entrance of the Gym and the two trainers as they tried to get through. The Gym staff tried to calm the fans down by holding them back so they wouldn't crowd the entrance. The fans had all gathered around Red and Leaf and started bombarding them with questions. Some of the group were confused, others excited, and some just straight-up furious.