Calming the Tides

(A Mew is in a destroyed building, and loud clicking noises coming from mushroom-infected humans can be heard nearby.)

So here we are, continuing our journey with our beloved protagonist. Last time, Red was about to address our favorite tomboyish mermaid's issues when *gasp* a Gyarados appeared! Isn't this something to think about? Let's watch how our boy responds to this predicament! His boldness and understanding of others will allow him to help Misty get through her problems, and more importantly, earn the heart of true beauty! At least, not intentionally.

On another note, it seems Leaf and Blue have found themselves a problem that requires solving too.

But there is something even more important that I have to say, and that is...

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! (Fires gun and shoots confetti and streamers.)

YAAAHOOO! 20 years old! No longer in my teens and one more year closer to death! So I wanted to take this day to thank all of you, readers, once again for choosing to read this Pokémon fic and comment on it, it means so much to me. I hope you are enjoying this story as much as I enjoy writing it. It just makes me happy knowing that people like my story.

But anyway, once again thanks to everyone who takes time out of their day to read my fic, I love you all.

Now back to the chapter!

(The loud cries of clickers are heard, beginning to run towards the Mew's direction.)

Crap! Gotta go!

~{PikaMew- June 17, 2022}~

_____________________________________________________

Day 3
~{The Ocean- 7:44 AM}~

Red and Misty gazed at each other in shock that the other had immediately recognized the incredible Pokémon that had belonged to Professor Oak.

"Wait, did you call that Gyarados Big G?" Red questioned.

"You know who he belonged to?" Misty asked at the same time.

They both froze in silence for a moment, not knowing what to do after hearing this.

"GAAAAR!" The large Gyarados roared fiercely.

His roar snapped both Red and Misty out of their thoughts, but Misty was the first to take action. She took a step back and gained a determined expression before sprinting off the boat and diving elegantly into the water.

"Misty!" Red shouted in shock as the beauty splashed into the water.

Red hesitated, unsure of what to do. So, without thinking, he jumped onto the railing and jumped in after Misty.

Charmeleon, Luca, and Drei all went onto the railing and peered down below.

"R-Ri-Ri-!" Luca nearly lost balance and fell over, but Charmeleon grabbed hold of his arm while narrowing his eyes at the ripples of water, remembering the goal his trainer had in mind for the Professor.

"Char..." He cooed softly.

Underneath the water, Misty swam deep into the bottom of the ocean as her eyes stared intently down for any sign of the Gyarados she had seen. She saw Wishiwashi, Remoraid, Goldeen, and many more Pokémon swimming deeper down with her, explaining why they weren't on the surface.

She kept swimming until she saw the silhouette of a familiar Pokémon come out from down below the depths. Misty stopped and floated in place as soon as she caught sight of this creature, glancing around as the figure swam up and circled her.