The Secrets of Route 1

Day 1
~{Kanto: Pallet Town- 8:30 AM}~

"Let's go, Charmander!"

"Char!"

Red and Charmander both burst out of Professor Oak's lab, feeling intense vigor and exhilaration as they were off on their journey. The two ran across Pallet Town as passersby calmly strolled through the streets.

Red cheered for himself as he leaped into the air, raising a fist to the sky while having a big smile on his face.

"YEAH!!!"

Charmander jumped up into the air next to Red, giving out a loud blazing roar of excitement.

"Charmander! Char!"

The two continued to run until finally arriving home. Well, more so Red's home, since Charmander was unaware of the residence being his new home.

Red picked up Charmander and carried him in his arms. "Well Charmander, welcome to your new home."

"Char?" The Lizard Pokémon gave his trainer a confused look.

Red opened the door to the house, revealing to Charmander the inside of the house.

"Mom! I'm home! I've got something to show you!"

Red called out to his mom, making sure that she was inside. The two waited for a few seconds until Red's mother replied.

"I'm in the kitchen! I'll be there in just a sec!"

Charmander looked up at Red, giving him an adorable smile and expressing a lot of joy.

Red's mom soon came into the room.

"So, what was the Professor's surprise? I bet it was some...thing..."

The mom froze at the sight of seeing Charmander. Her eyes began to water up and her face became blemished with emotions.

"...Red...he's adorable!"

The emotional mother walked up to her son and his Pokémon and picked Charmander up. She held him in her hands as if she was carrying a baby.

"Mom, meet Charmander, my new partner and a new member of the family," Red affirmed to his mom with a grin.

"Char!" Charmander barked to Red's mom in enthusiasm.

Red's mom wiped away the tears in her eyes as she looked down at the Fire-type Pokémon.

"Welcome, little one." The mom said to Charmander as she tickled his yellow belly.

"Char! Charmander!" Charmander laughed as he got tickled.

"Red, I am really amazed. I'm guessing this was the big surprise the Professor had for you and Blue." The mom figured

"Not only that, he gave us these Pokédexs. We're going to use them to find every Pokémon ever known."

"That's amazing, Red. But your Charmander is what really surprised me. He reminds me of the one your father had when he was your age."

The mom looked up at a framed photo on a shelf near the house stairs. She grabbed it and showed it to Red and Charmander. In the photo, it showed a tall man, almost resembling Red in a way but much older, standing next to mom and behind them was a large dragon-like Pokémon known as Charizard, the final evolution of Charmander. One distinctive rare feature that the Charizard had that most Charizards didn't usually have was that it was black rather than orange.