Riolu's Tale

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

(A fellow Mew, wearing a very familiar red hat with an M, jumps out of a green pipe) Ya-hoo! It's-a-me! PikaMew! Back at it again with another new chapter of art and adventure. In this chapter of Pokémon, our two favorite protagonists arrive at Pewter City. But, there's no time for sightseeing, as a life is on the line. Not only that, we now know that the group isn't safe, as an evil organization is after them. Perhaps we'll get to learn more about this organization, or maybe why their Pokémon are extremely ferocious. Or possibly see what happens to the heroic Riolu. But, we'll just have to wait and see. It is time to see for ourselves how our best boy and our precious girl continue in this adventure! (Jumps up to the top of a flagpole and slides down as a red flag goes up) Ya-hoo! Secret! I'll see you all around soon! (Walks away into a castle.)

_____________________________________________________

Day 1
~{Pewter City- Pokémon Center- 6:23 PM}~

Silence filled the medical establishment as only Red and Leaf were present in the Pokémon  Center's lobby. The two trainers sat on the couches that were in the room both expressing anxious and inpatient looks while only being able to hear the beeping of a heart monitor coming from a different room inside the building.

As the beeping continued, Red began to reminisce about the moment that happened a few hours ago.

The boy closed his eyes and saw himself, Leaf, and Mew all entering Pewter City, heading towards the Pokémon Center to get help so they can save Riolu. While running, Leaf and Mew tried to heal Riolu with their healing abilities. A green aura emitted from their hands, and the two did their best to restore Riolu, hoping that they could save him. While they were able to heal up some of the minor bruises, Riolu was still losing blood as his major injuries were too severe to completely heal. Their only hope then was that Pokémon Center.

They then made it to the Pokémon Center, running in with extreme panic. Mew stayed outside as it didn't want to draw any attention from people with its presence.

When they entered, Red remembered shouting to the nurse for immediate help.

"We need help, now!"

Many of the people in the building were in complete shock when they saw the two trainers enter, carrying the incredibly injured Riolu. Without hesitation, the nurse quickly took action.

"Oh my goodness! Chansey, bring a medical cart in here, quickly!" Red remembered the nurse yelling out to a Chansey to come help. The nurse then immediately ran up to the two trainers as she took Riolu from Red's hands and placed him onto a cart that a Chansey had brought.

"Send him to Room 1, right away! Call in the other nurses to help you!" The nurse instructed Chansey.

"Chansey Chan." The Egg Pokémon nodded in understanding and quickly took Riolu away into a room in the back.

"Please tell us you can save him!" Leaf demanded to know as she expressed anxiety.

The nurse gave a solemn look to the two trainers, knowing that it was going to be a tough job to fully recover Riolu. But, she was determined that she and her team could save him. "We'll do whatever we can to save the young Pokémon. There has never been a Pokémon we haven't been able to save."

Red and Leaf felt a bit reassured by the nurse's words, but they still worried about Riolu.

The nurse then ran to the room Riolu was sent to, joining Chansey and other nurses who were preparing to mend Riolu's wounds. The two trainers were then left in the main lobby, filled with great worry, only able to wait for any kind of news.