Rivaled Rematch

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

(Mew driving in a car within a city with a star in the top-right corner)

Why am I being chased!? I didn't even do anything!? That rocket simply hit that gas station! I mean it's not like I meant to hit it!

(Takes a sharp turn on the street to outrun the police before seeing the readers.)

O-Oh, hi! Um... I swear this isn't what it looks like! Er-I-Um, I know, let's go over the previous chapter! So last time, Red, Leaf, and now Professor Oak have arrived in Vermilion City. While Leaf rested, Red went on to do some adventuring and met up with Lt. Surge! After that, Red saw that Blue had finally reached Vermilion City.  And now, our two rivals are going to have at each other in a Pokémon battle! I wonder how things are going to end up!? Let's find out now!

Also, just wanted to say that I am working on making more art of my own for my story since I want to give my chapters some more uniqueness to them to convey how specific scenes appear in my head. I'm sure you have seen some of my work in the previous two chapters. Also, I want to do it so that I can improve my art skills. While I didn't make an art piece for this chapter, do look forward to seeing new art made by me in further chapters when I finish them and hopefully, I continue to make more art for this fic.

(Police sirens get closer as now two stars appear)

Wha-!? What did I even do!?

~{PikaMew- September 29, 2023}~
_____________________________________________________

Day 3
~{ Vermilion Pier- 7:48 PM}~

"Hello, Daisy. It's your grandfather."

Professor Oak lounged by the city pier, his Pokémon friends at his side, as he reached out to Professor Oak via his cellphone.

*Grandpa! How are you? Any updates on Red and Leaf?* came Oak's grandaughter, Daisy's, warm response from the other end.

"All good, my dear. You'll be happy to know that I've found Red and Leaf. Things are pretty safe with them. For now, at least."

*Oh, thank Arceus! Ever since Team Rocket hit the lab, I've been losing sleep worrying about them. Especially for my little brother, Blue.*

"Thankfully, those two are capable of fighting back against any opponent. Though I haven't heard from Blue. I'm worried something happened to him." Oak voiced with concern.

*I spoke to Blue a few hours ago and he said he was on his way to Vermillion City. He should be in the city by now, given that his Vs. Recorder said that he was there.*

"Hold the phone! Are you tracking Blue?" Oak questioned with an astonished look.

"Well, of course! I gotta make sure my litter brother is safe, so I've been tracking his Vs. Recorder ever since he left home.* Daisy admitted.

"I don't blame you. Given the current happenings. Anyway, there's something I wanted to ask you."

*By all means. Ask me anything, Grandpa.*

"You know the boat we have stored In our shed by the shore of Pallet Town, correct?"

*Yes. The speedboat that we use to research Pokémon in the sea. Why, do you ask?*

"I have a favor to ask. Could you bring your boat to Vermilion City Pier? And, could you bring Mew along with you?" Oak asked.

*I can get to the pier by morning. But, why Mew?* She asked.