A Rocketing Threat

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

Hey there bookworms, gamers, and hobbyists, *takes deep breath* welcome back to another chapter of this journey with the kindhearted and determined young man, the mysterious super Saiyan, super Sonic-powered, bean of a girl, and their Pokémon companions as they travel to seek answers and to become strong trainers, while also meeting people and encountering all sort of Pokémon. *phew!* We previously let off on our heroes captured by some bad people, and now we shall see how our protagonist will get out of the dangerous situation! I have been thinking of doing more of these prenote things before each chapter, but I don't know if any of you may find it annoying. But hey, I haven't gotten any complaints so far so I'm sure they're good and I hope you like them. Might add some video game references in these prenotes as more chapters come out. Also, wanted to say thank you to all of you for reading my story and that your comments give me the light and confidence to keep on writing!

_____________________________________________________

Day 1
~{Viridian Forest}~ Sometime Earlier

Deep within a hidden grotto in Viridian Forest, a tree that was larger than all of the other trees in the forest. At the base of the tree, there appeared a tree hollow that looked big enough to shelter small Pokémon, or more specifically, one small Pokémon that lived all alone, surviving in the wild. Inside the hollow, a small blue Pokémon lived within, sitting down on the soft grass as it ate some sweet Sitrus Berries. As it finished consuming its food, it came out from under its little home and revealed its appearance.

The creature was a small, blue, canine Pokémon. It had a black torso and legs, a blue tail, and a yellow collar. It had rounded bumps on the backs of its forepaws. It also had a black "mask" with two black appendages on either side of its face and red eyes. It appeared to stand on its toes instead of its entire foot. This Pokémon was known as Riolu.

The Riolu stretched his arms up as he yawned, feeling ready to go out and explore for the day. He grabbed a small sack from inside his home and wrapped it around his neck. He then proceeded to walk out of the hidden grotto and out into Viridian Forest.

"Ri."

Riolu cooed, expressing a serious look as he began to walk through the forest starting its routine.

The Emanation Pokémon strolled the vast forest until he reached a large berry tree. The tree appeared to have numerous slash marks on it as if it was used for training. Additionally, the large plant was filled with Sitrus Berries which were Riolu's favorites. He stood in front of the tree motionless as he closed its eyes. The two appendages of each side of his face began to rise as if they were standing on ends. Through this process, Riolu was able to "sense" his surroundings even though he had his eyes closed. His sensory ability was rather blurry but Riolu didn't mind as he tried his hardest to concentrate.

Riolu tilted his head to the tree and raised his palms towards it. His appendages began to vibrate rabidly as a blue glow emerged from its palms. The blue glow began to expand, becoming brighter and filled with lots of energy. Sweat dripped from Riolu as he concentrated all of his power on the energy he was producing.

Suddenly, the blue energy from Riolu's palm desaturated, becoming a white color. With all of his force, Riolu jumped into the air and fired a strong wind in the form of a blade: Vacuum Wave. The attack struck the center of the tree, making it shake intensely and causing numerous Sitrus Berries to fall to the ground.

Riolu's appendages lowered to their original position as he opened his eyes. Seeing the way his attack looked by the marking it left on the tree, Riolu became disappointed knowing that he wasn't trying to use Vaccum Wave.