Chapter 2

What do I say to him? Squidward thought as he looks on over at Spongebob, who was mopping up the last of the floor for the night with a sad look on his face.

Even though Squidward would normally take this as an opportunity to spend quality to himself alone, it somehow made things awfully too quiet for his own taste and the silence was killing him.

Almost as if.... he couldn't stand to be without that nostalgic sound little guy makes everyday.

In the end however, neither of them spoke another word for the rest of the night as they lock up the place and walk on home in the hushed atmosphere.

When they reached to the neighborhood, Squidward tries to reach out to him, but was ignored as the two separate to their houses and head to bed.

Sadly, neither of the two could barely sleep a wink and were left with endless thoughts in their mind.

————————————————————————

The next morning spun around for them as they got up in their regular routines and head off to work within different times from each other.

With Spongebob usually being the first to enter the Krusty Krab, go to their stations and start working off their shifts for the day.

The morning rush soon came into the restaurant with piles of stacked orders on their plate as the two team up to make and give the sandwiches to the hungry customers.

Once the orders were done, Spongebob and Squidward could finally take a break and started cleaning up the place as the Krusty Krab emptied out the last of its customers until lunch hour will arrive.

Squidward then glances up from his daily magazine and sees the sponge wiping up the tables that the fish have been using.

He bites his lower lip in nervousness and slowly walks up to him.

I hope he's still not mad at me. Squidward thought as he taps him on the shoulder.

"Hey... Spongebob?" Squidward asked in a stumbled matter.

"Yeah?" Spongebob answered as he turns his head towards him.

"Look about what I said yesterday. I didn't mean...." Squidward said rubbing his neck anxiously as he tries to explain his inexcusable behavior when Spongebob interrupts him.

"Its okay. There no need to apologize. I did asked too much from you and I completely understand your frustration. Sometimes you just need your own personal space every once in a while and I get it, I really do. So, please...lets just forget about the whole thing and finish up work, okay?" Spongebob said with a small smile.

Squidward was completely stumped by his words and even felt bad for making such rude remarks to him.

He got him to at least smile a bit but it wasn't enough.

He truly wanted to tell him that he was sorry as he fumbles to come up with the next few words to say.

"Spongebob, I...." Squidward started to say but before he could spit out another word, a certain you know who, interrupted him from behind.

"Still working at this old dump? Eh Squiddy?"A familiar sound spoke.

I know that voice. Please... don't tell me Squidward thought as he turns around and sees that it was Squilliam Fancyson.

Squiward's long time high school arch-rival.

And to make matters worse, he had no friends with him this time and came alone, which smelt trouble.