Chapter 7

Before the two can get started on their practice runs for the 1st round, they needed grocery, so they went to a nearby supermarket in town and grabbed the necessary ingredients.

Afterwards, they headed back up to the suite where they begin the process of making the food itself in an attempt to perfect the meal. 

"So how does this work exactly? Your sliders I mean." Squidward asked, weirded out as he places the ingredients on the counter with a frown. 

He was so used to making homemade fancy dishes back in his own home, that this particular appetizer seemed to be more basic and effortless.

As if a kindergartener would make it themselves, which didn't look very promising to him. 

"Oh that's easy. Its the same way that you make the krabby patties of course....." Spongebob was going to explain proudly until he got cut off. 

"Oh no, here we go again" Squidward said, rolling his eyes. 

"What?" Spongebob asked while giving him a confused look.  

"You and the whole krabby patties business. Its like you're obsessed with this garbage, that you people call food." Squidward complained. 

"No, I'm not." Spongebob argued, now getting angry with Squidward. 

"Oh really? Do you remember the time that Mr. Krabs fired you? Did you remember why none of the restaurants downtown wanted to even hire you? Its because every time you fry up food for them, it always ends up being a krabby patty. The taco place, the hotdog place, the Chinese place and even the pizza place, all kicked you out because your obsession with krabby patties was all wrapped up in your head." Squidward numbered off in his side of the argument. 

"But did you forget, that they also wanted me back after they ate my food? I don't see what your problem is with my krabby patties. I would have thought that making krabby patties for everyone was an honor because everyone loved the food there. But if I wanted to go back to working for those guys, I would have already done so. But instead, I stayed at the Krusty Krab, because you guys needed me there. So, you can say all you want to my face about how horrible my food is, but that will not get me to change my mind with how I feel about them myself. I agreed to come out here help you. My intentions were never to ruin you at all, so if you think that there might be a small possibility of me messing up your chances at winning, then tell me now so I won't get in your way." Sponegbob pointed out, frustrated. 

Squidward, now flustered that he once again, went too far with his complaints, turned away embarrassed. 

"You're right. I'm sorry." Squidward apologized while rubbing his neck. 

This wasn't the first time that Spongebob kindness had actually helped out Squidward get out his typical situations such as ones with Squilliam's narcissistic attempts of humiliating him. 

The Bubble Bowl.

The fancy fake restaurant replacement of the Krusty Krab.

And even the garbage community service help.

All were contributed by Spongebob and had its own successes that lead Squilliam to a few sneaky surprises by the end such as his famous self statue melt and a set of his defeats or losses of being 'better' than Squidward. 

"I really do need your help with this and I don't want you to go. So, can you forgive me for my rude behavior? I'll give this idea of yours a try, and I promise I won't criticize about it anymore." Squidward plead as Spongebob looks on at him with a sad look.