Chapter 18

After a long walk and talk into the conversation of cooking techniques that Squilliam initially state he would provide to help SpongeBob and his team for the final round.

He then immediately weaves his way into the main objective of the whole friendly meeting.

Like a snake coiling up in a wrap, waiting for its biggest attack, yet.

By pointing out the very problem that SpongeBob is going through.

"So, tell me SpongeBob. Are you happy with the job that you have right now?" Squilliam asked curiously.

"Oh yeah. It's the best job that one could have when working as a cook in a popular fast food restaurant like the Krusty Krab." SpongeBob replied in a voice that's strong but not completely confident like it used to be when he's usually excited about his work.

Possibly because of all the nervousness that he is facing when seeing all the viewers watching him and Squidward on TV.

Among other things that he simply can't get off of his mind.

Including getting to know more and more about the one person that he gets to see each and every day.

As a co-worker.....

A neighbor......

And a friend.....

"Is it really? And how can you be so sure about that?" Squillaim asked with a smug.

"Well, for one, I have a good boss who doesn't take me granted and in fact, needs me every day for his business. Plus, I like being around the customers who enjoy the food that is being brought to them. And....I have someone who I can talk to when I get bored or need a laugh to bring out my day from time to time. Even when he doesn't want to admit that he cares enough to see how I'm doing. And honestly though....without him, it won't feel so warmly like it does now." SpongeBob explained, with his eyes blossoming in awe from the thought of meeting up with him now and taking up on that offer of spending the moonlight hours having coffee while watching the stars together.

As Squilliam's expression now begins to burn in rage, seeing how he couldn't stand for Squidward to feel love in his heart.

When Squilliam should be the one to fulfill that feeling for him on his own terms.

Almost as if he enjoys controlling Squidward like a puppet that he still can't seem to let go.

Until an idea popped into his head and decided to immediately dive into the tactic.

"Heh. I see what's going on here. You must think that the two of you are the bestest of friends. But SpongeBob, you outta know better than that. After all, it's no fun to be the only one clueless of one's intentions." Squillaim said, with an evil smile curling up on his lips.

"What do you mean?" SpongeBob asked, now a little scared of where this talk is about to turn to next.

"Aren't you tired of him taking advantage of you? Don't you ever stop to think that maybe he is just using your skills to make himself look better to other people?" Squilliam asked, hoping to flip the tables on their 'so-called' friendship.

"He's my friend he would never do that to me" SpongeBob said, feeling offended that Squillaim would ever assume something that cruel.

"That may be so, but did he at least thank you for any of it? Tell me SpongeBob, has he ever even appreciated you for anything that you've done for that good-for-nothing squid?" Squilliam asked, with a satisfied grin from seeing the confusion that was written all over SpongeBob's face.

To which somehow, despite possible accusations that can't be proven right away.

He was able to reel SpongeBob in with endless doubts in his mind.