Chapter 14

After many sweat dripping minutes ticked on by with some of the chefs ending up blasting out some distinctive sailor talk to their co-chefs.

The round starts to come to a close within....

"Chefs, you have 5 minutes left. Make sure you are wrapping things up and have your dishes placed onto the plates for the judges." The host said while the four judges gather together their writing utensils to help precisely critique the chefs one at a time.

Until they can make the decision to cut one of them out of the round.

Once the minutes were almost over, the host then begins to stop their timer in a countdown like halt.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Times up! Please step back chefs." The host said quickly as the cooks immediately stagger back so that they don't touch the plates anymore.

Due to automatic disqualification otherwise.

"Alright folks it is now time for you to show the audience and these amazing judges over there, your first masterpiece. Each judge will rate and determine your performance based on presentation, taste and the overall fitting of the theme for the particular dish. Good luck chefs." the host announced before delivering the four dishes to the judges on the other side of the building using a cart tray.

While all 4 teams then sat silently in the waiting room so that the judges can discretely critique the food without any setbacks or signs that one team has a greater advantage with their food than the other to ensure fair gaming.

After 30 minutes of agonizing and heart pounding anxiety passed through, it was now time for the judges to choose their winner and loser for the 1st round as the teams were then taken back to the

Where they would all stand in front of the judges for their evaluation result.

"Thank you chefs for providing us with the best quality meals that one could ask for. But it is time to decide which teams have it all in this round and who will be going home today...." one of the judges said as she looks over from left to right in a slow pace.

Probably for the purpose of entertainment so that the audience can feel the riveting tension between each and everyone one of the contestants.

Until finally she chose a winner.

And a clear one at that.

"SpongeBob, your sliders were a hit success and have been cooked to perfection. congratulations, you and your team have won this round for today." The judge said with a bow as both SpongeBob and Squidward drop their jaws in excitement.

It's one thing if they pass the round.

But becoming a winner to the judges eyes.....

Is an even bigger achievement to reach.

Which meant that they have the potential to make it all the way.

"Wow, really? Thank you. But you should give credit to Squidward too since he also helped out with the food." SpongeBob said sweetly in a way that somehow made Squidward's heart light up in the air.

"Of course, and we cannot wait to see what you two will do for us in the next round." Another judge added to the compliment as Squidward was finally able to sign in relief.