Chapter 10

Out of the many places that the two have been looking forward to go, the art museum was a definite first pick as they walked inside to take a look at all of the art that was being presented in the gallery.

The building was compacted full of unique arts that were ranged from sculptures and paintings.

To art modelings and collages that are in such rare forms of random objects that are mashed up together into one molding.

The two from there, begin to walk quietly from  exhibit to exhibit while taking a moment to admire the beautiful views of the artwork in soothing silence.

That is, until they stumbled upon one painting had suddenly sparked interest in both of their minds as Squidward decide to take this time to compare his thoughts about it with him.

"So, what do you think SpongeBob?" Squidward asked curiously.

"About what?" SpongeBob asked in confusion, whose mind had somehow wondered a bit from his view point of the wondrous displays at work.

"The painting. I'm curious to see if you can tell me what you think the meaning behind of it is." Squidward said excitedly with a bright smile on his face.

It's nice to know that he'll have at least someone to talk to about these types of topics since he hasn't really been able to share much opinion of art with anybody in the past, especially after his fling at the time with his ex.

And even HE couldn't be much of a good company for art exploration at any given day of his life.

"Hmm...." SpongeBob said, rubbing his chin in concentration as he looked over at the painting with his eyes, squinted in thought.

Until an idea had suddenly popped up in his mind.

But....it wasn't what either of them was expecting to hear as his facial expression had now started to lower down into a small frown across his face and darkened in gloom.

Like a heavy rain cloud had now poured onto his head in an unexpected storm.

The painting was a single fish sitting on a bar stool all alone in the quiet midnight hours of a local dinner, hunched over and saddened by something that had been eating away at him for so long.

To which, somehow was now making SpongeBob feel upset all of sudden as he attempts to hold back some of his emotions that are bottling him up inside.

Probably because it had reminded him of the very happiness that he thinks he'll never be able to help Squidward find after everything that the two have been through together.

To which, it seems useless and out of reach to chase on about after all this time.

"I think..... it's memories of a lost soul whose whole life was filled with despair and sadness." SpongeBob informed in a mumble while Squidward quickly looked over at him, flabbergasted with his eyes widened in surprise in a jolt.

He's never heard SpongeBob elaborate his views on the subject with such deep details about anything before.

Much less a piece of artwork that could be so simple and bland to many others out there, that they might just walk all over it and call it a cheap canvas.

"Geez, SpongeBob, I didn't realize that you were so skeptical about art. And here I thought I was the only one who had always perceived things, so negatively." Squidward said in shock as SpongeBob slowly turn his head to him and shook his head.

"I'm not, but if I'm being honest with you right now, Squidward. Anyone can clearly see that this painting was created by a fish who had been through so much pain and depression. It's dark backgrounds are giving out a lot of grim details and it's hard for me to believe that he could be happy, just by looking at this." SpongeBob explained while Squidward narrowed his eyebrows in concern.