Chapter 22

Soon, the day turned bleak and gray for SpongeBob.

Who couldn't stop thinking about what he

Screaming at the words.....

I love you.

That's impossible....

He wouldn't.....

Sigh.

And I thought....

After all this time....

For so many years....

That he could never see me that way....

I messed up so bad.

But....

Would he be able to forgive me?

SpongeBob wondered sadly while measly cooking the food that he didn't even enjoy to begin with.

As if the place was too empty...

And too lonely for him to even smile.

Muddled by his thoughts, the little guy continued to cook miserably.

Until finally, at some point during the shift, something in his mind snapped at him like a lightbulb.

And he knew then, that it was not too late.... 

To make things right.

But before he could leave, he had another problem to fix as he sees Squilliam coming over to him with the sneer of a foolish jock, who thinks he's won his little charades.

But not this time.

Because SpongeBob will make definite sure that it won't ever happen again.

He can't hurt either of them any longer.

"Haha! Clap! Clap! Oh wow. Now, that was quite the excitement to see him cry like that and I thought that loser was never going to leave. I guess you say that I'm an expert at-"Squillaim mocked on in his pride before he was immediately cut off by SpongeBob's surprising, next words.

"I quit." SpongeBob spoke bluntly.

"Huh? What do you mean 'you quit'? You just got here." Squilliam asked rhetorically, completely bamboozled on how quickly things have turned against him.

"And now I'm leaving. So do me a favor and find someone else to cook for your fancy restaurant. Because I'm going back to where I truly belong. In bikini bottom. At an old nostalgic, fast food restaurant. With the people I care about the most. Oh, and another thing, if you ever call him a loser like that one more time, I'll rip that unibrow right off your forehead and burn it in the trash dispenser." SpongeBob threatened before storming towards the front door.

Leaving Squilliam blinking back and forth in disbelief before realizing that he has lost once again.

"Hey! Come back here-!" Squilliam shouted out in an attempt to chase after him, but by the time he got the message, SpongeBob was already long gone out of the restaurant.

"Oh whatever. Who needs him when I have better friends to keep, right? He he..." Squilliam asked himself while looking around at his customers before his face suddenly turns red to the point that it's boiling in rage!

"Grr!!! Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!" Squillaim screamed out while taking his chef's hat and stomps on it like a rabid madman while the customers look over at his behavior and immediately gossip the drama in laughter and pity.

As it comes to show, you can't take away anything that was never meant to be yours in the first place.

————————————————————————