Chapter 4

After what felt like a long ride, the bus then takes an abrupt stop in the outskirts of Bottoms Up and lets out the flap doors of the bus.

"Alright boys this is it. You better wake your little friend up back there or else you'll might end up spending the night here." The bus driver teased with a soft chuckle.

Squidward, whose face was slowly turning red by, rose his slouching body up to the quick in a jolt.

"Spongebob, we're here." Squidward said as he gently shook on the resting shoulder that he had used to sleep on.

After a few seconds, Spongebob stirred up and opened up his eyes.

"Hmm? Oh! S...sorry Squidward! I didn't mean to..." Spongebob tried to explain while jerking his body up away from Squidward with his cheeks bright, crimson red, until he was interrupted.

"Its okay Spongebob, I don't mind. We.... we were both too tired and its been a really long day for us so......Come on, we should go if we want to make it to the hotel before it gets too late." Squidward said with a small smile.

He then stood up and grabs the luggage from underneath the seat.

What? Spongebob thought confusedly as the two got off the bus in a jiffy and start walking towards a nearby hotel.

The cold silence had once again started to show under the shining lamp lights of the wealthy town.

Both in deep thoughts.

I don't understand.....

Just a while back ago...he wanted his space from me.

Why....is he being nice to me all of a sudden?

Spongebob thought, puzzled while Squidward's mindset on the other hand, was much more awkward.

Barnacles! Why did I allow myself to let him rest on my shoulder?

Sure, it took the panic off of me and calmed my nerves down but... oh what's the use.

No matter what I do, I always end up going soft on the little guy.

Its not like you need him or anyway.....

Do you?

Squidward thought for a moment while small tints of blush slowly rise up his cheeks.

After all of these years of being Spongebob's neighbor and coworker, he still didn't want to admit that no matter how bad things got between them.

No matter how times he tells him to go away or to stay away from him.

At the end of the day, he'd would always end up apologizing, in his own form of communication, and make it up to him.

As if he couldn't bear to see him sad or...unhappy just like Spongebob would do the same thing when he's unhappy or sad.....

Thoughts repeatedly circulate his head as the two continued to walk down the sidewalks of the area until Spongebob suddenly notices a huge advertising like poster in front of a huge 10 story Golden themed hotel that was right across the street from them.

"Is that...." Spongebob said curiously as they walk closer and see that it was what they were looking for.

"The Splashed Games! This is it." Squidward finished as the two head inside the hotel for more details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they enter inside, they could see bigger and more extravagant scenery of the hotel.