It Takes Time

"They say time heals everything, but it sure as hell ain't working for us"

I was throwing up EVERYWHERE as Keisha and Irene carried me out to the parking lot.

"FUCK!" Irene yelled, kicking at the pavement. Keisha looked up at her, and Irene continued yelling and screaming.

"what?" Keisha asked confused. Irene started crying and she just yelled, "fuck, fuck, fuck!"

"what Irene?! WHAT?!" Keisha yelled.

"they towed my fucking car!" she yelled pointing to the note. I started puking more. Keisha sat on the ground next to me and Irene continued yelling.

"you okay?" Keisha asked, rubbing my back. I shook my head and started coughing.

"are you pregnant?" she asked, looking me in the eyes. I shook my head, "just drunk way too much" I lied throwing up more. A car pulled up to the side of us, we looked up to see who it was and it was Driicky and a couple of more niggas deep in the Beamer.

"Driicky give us a ride" Keisha said, taking a few steps back from me as I threw up more. Driicky shook his head,

"hell nah, she ain't gettin' in here with all that spittin' and shit"

"Driicky, please" Keisha begged.

"y'all fuckin up the flow, get in"

Just when I was about to get in a gleaming Acura pulled alongside us. We all stopped and looked, the window dropped down, Jay was behind the wheel doing what he does best, looking good.

Him and Driicky gave each other head nods but I was kind of sensing tension.

"Carmen," he called my name with roughness that made me want to hop on his dick and go wild, "get in"

I got inside and before he drove off I heard Keisha yell, "call me"

The air in the car was so crisp and clean smelling. It was silent as he drove, where are we going? To his house? Did he miss my pussy? That he only had once. I smiled thinking about it.

I wanted him to say something to me first and I had a feeling he wanted me to say something. Maybe if it just stayed silent nothing will pop off.

His radio was playing and I heard this radio host, preaching like she always does. I reached to turn it off but he slapped my hand away, "don't touch my shit" he barked but in his low cool voice.

I sucked my teeth and laid back, but once the bitch got louder, I got annoyed.

"why do you listen to this shit?" I asked.

"what the hell do you know?" he shot back that's when I noticed we were on the Dallas suburbs high way, headed to my house.

"where are you taking me?"

"home, Carmen" he responded.

"what for? Why the fuck you think you run shit Jay?! Huh?!" I screamed, hitting the dashboard. He sighed and ignored me. He was really starting to piss me off. Only Jay would pick me up when I already have a ride, only Jay acts like he's my daddy. ONLY JAY.

We pulled up in front of my house and he stopped the car but before he did I opened the door and got out. I stormed to my front door, searching for my keys.

"you stubborn as hell" I heard him say. I turned around and he was leaning on his car door frame, starring at me.

"you spoiled as hell, you want everything yo way and to be honest, I thought you were different. You fooled the fuck out of me, now the last thing I would wanna fucking do is make a scene out here, outside of yo house"

"well were gonna make a movie if you don't show me some respect"

"respect?," he laughed, "what you know about respect? Are you fucking dumb? Yo drunk ass was just with Driicky, riding with his niggas and shit and little do you fuckin know! Trey and him at beef! Here you are, kicking it with them niggas while Trey thinking you at home being a 'mom' and you chillin with the enemies" his words pierced me like knives. It feels like I've been apart of a set-up, I would never do anything to hurt Trey... well besides sleeping with his best friend but I would never!

"fuck you Jay! He was just about to give me a ride--" he briefly cut me off, "and didn't I do that? I'm Trynna be a good friend and look out for yo dumb ass. Him and his niggas coulda did anything to you cause you a stupid bitch" he got inside his car and pulled off.

I just shitted 10 bricks. Carmen... what are you doing?! It feels like I'm in more shit than I was back at home. Furious wasn't enough to describe the intensity of how I was feeling. I opened the door, stepping inside my dark, cinnamon that filled the air, home.

I flicked on the lights and dragged myself to the shower. I didn't feel good, I still needed to get the abortion. Matter of fact, I'll call Jay, even though he just went all postal on me.

"what?" he answered, "if you called to get the last word and cuss me out like a spoiled, childish little girl, please hang up" he demanded.

"Jay... no, I just called you to tell you I'm pregnant" I thought he had hung up because he was so quiet,

"Hello?"

I heard him take a deep breath, "so? How do I know it's mine?"

"because I was on the pill when me and Trey were fucking and I'm pregnant right around the same time me and you had sex"

"you keeping it?" he asked, with concern in his voice and I knew he wanted me to.

"I can't keep it..." I was hurt to say it but, I did, and I can't.

"what the fuck you mean you can't keep it? What, you afraid Trey might leave you? Stop acting like you care about his feelings girl--"

I cut him off right then and there. I was fucking tired of his ass talking to me like he was crazy!

"Bitch I do care for him and his feelings. I care for him more than I do for you and obviously you don't care for his feelings you fucked me! YOU fucked HIS girl, TREY'S girl. So fuck you. And maybe if you acted like you cared for me I might have second thoughts about keeping it, bitch" with that I hung up.

I really hope what I'm doing is right.