Sunset After School

Norton x Aesop

High School AU

______

Black hair, eyes of the same color, a mysterious scar whose origin is unknown and an impressive figure. Norton Campbell was a very unusual high school student, yet most girls admired him and dreamed of being hugged by those two muscular arms. After all, who wouldn't ?

His charm was striking wherever he went and he turned many eyes when he walked the streets. Women want his heart and men want the same body. It didn't matter what gender, everyone was looking for his attention. It was probably because of this that he had few friends and remained alone on his own.

The only people he let hang out with him were Eli Clark and Helena Adams. Eli was a lively young man who brought a smile to everyone's face, and Helena always knew what to say to ease the mood. The trio often spent time on a bench in the courtyard or at Eli's house after school.

Only this time, they felt like getting a change of scenery since the weather was nice and went to the roof.

"The breeze is nice." marked the girl with glasses.

"Perfect for lunch !" exclaimed Eli.

Norton just nodded and followed his two friends to a corner where the two were already setting up and taking out their lunch. The young man did the same but a detail drew his attention. Not far from them was another person sitting on a bench.

He had silky silver hair tied back in a loose ponytail and his eyes stared blankly into space as he chewed his sandwich in an almost mechanical motion. The aura around him seemed calm and relaxing. Campbell was captivated by the boy's elegance. 

"Is someone interested in Carl from what I can see?"

Norton turned to Eli who had just spoken to him, the male was smirking evilly that one would almost want to punch at the moment. However, he wasn't a brute and sighed before taking a bite out of his sandwich. He looked up at his friend as if to signal him to tell him more.

"Aesop Carl, the same age as us, quiet and lonely... Oh, and single !" said Eli.

"I see..."

He wasn't really sure that last part was necessary, but it was always good to know. Aesop Carl... He must have really been the self-effacing type for Norton to discover him for the first time when half the year had already passed.

"Why don't you invite him to join us ?" added Helena.

"Huh ?"

"Leave it to me !"

"Wait what-"

Norton barely had the time to react when the brunette had already risen to rush towards Aesop and start a conversation with him. He looked at them from afar with an annoyed look, he couldn't hear what they were saying because he was too far away but it was obvious that the other boy looked uncomfortable in front of Eli's enthusiasm.

The latter pointed a finger at Helena and him, which made him meet Aesop's gaze as he followed the direction pointed. Instinctively, Norton looked away. Why did he look away ? He had no idea. It's not like he had anything to be ashamed of. I mean, how much longer were they going to talk-

"Um... Hello ?"

He turned his head quickly to see that Eli had returned and this time in the company of the ashen-haired boy. Unbelievable. And he thought his friend was just going to scare him away. But now was not the time to be shocked by Eli's prowess at always making new friends, Carl had only just greeted him so he had to say something back.