Fashion and Stylish

Eli x Aesop

Modern AU

_____

The wind in his hair and a silvery gray shining under the light, the distant look seeming lost in another universe to which only he had access, his eyes slightly ajar gave a mysterious air to the purple eyeshadow he wore, a few touches of mauve and blue in addition to create an esoteric, enchanted effect. The image it reflected was both powerful and intense like a swirl.

'Aes'

The model who was very popular in the fashion world at the moment. He was seen everywhere, on cosmetic ads like now, clothes, businesses, restaurants, his face was practically plastered on every wall of the capital. What made him so attractive? His white and soft skin, his fine and delicate features, his silky and radiant hair and finally... his hypnotizing eyes and sharp look.

The young man had changed a lot.

On the bridge leading from one crosswalk to another, a brown-haired figure passed in front of the billboard with a slight smile. He had been lost in thought again as he went out to get some fresh air to look for inspiration, ending up in front of the model's poster once again.

Aes... A simple nickname... The brunet knew who was hiding behind this mask though. It was a long time ago however, how many years was it? Maybe ten years, maybe more, at that time, Aes, or rather Aesop Carl, was a rather shy and withdrawn boy, he was the opposite of the way he appeared on the poster, who would have thought he would become someone so amazing?

He was barely able to ask a teacher anything on his own without the brunet's help. Those were the good old days, he thought. They were now adults and had lost contact, each having decided on their own path and choices, one had become a famous model and the other, was working hard to get his creations recognized as a stylist.

To be honest, it wasn't exactly joyous on his end. The world of fashion was a tough business, with everyone struggling to survive and make it to the top. Unfortunately, the young man had not been able to create anything decent for a while, what he lacked was a muse. That's why he spent his days wandering around aimlessly in the hope of finding one.

Someone, something, that could help him to see more clearly, to discover this detail that escaped him. Ah, it's not like it was going to fall from the sky. As the man walked through the dark streets lit by the store windows, a person quickly passed by him, jostling him slightly on the shoulder, the latter exclaimed before turning around.

"S-Sorry..."

Hm? This voice and this tone seemed strangely familiar to him. The brunet turned as well, raising his gaze to the young man who was apologizing.

"Aesop...?"

"Huh?" he sounded a little panicked at first then leaned in a little more before saying, "E-Eli...?"

Unbelievable. It was really him, Aesop Carl. A turtleneck almost reaching his nose, simple black jeans and a pair of glasses of the same color accompanied by an anxious expression. He didn't look at all like that confident, glowing person on the poster... No, the man in front of his eyes hadn't changed one bit and still seemed true to his memories.

"It's been a long time."

"I-Indeed..."

"I saw that you had become quite famous lately!"

"I guess you could say that... Wait, how did you recognize me?"

The gray-eyed boy looked at him a little surprised and the brunet laughed softly at his remark.