Coffee Party

Eli x Aesop 

Modern AU

_______

"Ae...soap."

The gray-eyed man walked out of the coffee shop with a sigh as he read the name written on his latte mug. It had been a month since he frequented this shop since the old one he used to go to had closed its doors to be replaced by a more trendy mall. At first, he was a bit reluctant to go to a new place, especially since it seemed to be quite popular and often crowded.

However, when he saw how attractive the barista behind the counter was, he found himself coming more often than he expected. A tall man with hazel hair, cerulean blue eyes and a totally charming smile. Unfortunately, since his first visit, there was something he couldn't bring himself to tell him, the fact that he misspelled his name on his order every time.

How could he tell him now when he had been destroying his metabolism by drinking coffee almost every day for over a month?! The young student cursed his social anxiety and shyness. To be honest, it wasn't the first time it had caused him trouble. On the contrary, he couldn't count the number of times it happened to him. It was also the reason why he had broken up with his previous boyfriend. 

Well, one day he would be able to tell him how to write his name correctly but not today. So the male started to walk towards his apartment, sipping his coffee as he went. Once at home, he went to his room and put the mug on the side to take out his sketchbook and draw some sketches, mainly of the handsome brunet, until his phone started to vibrate on his right, signaling that he had just received a message.

The sender was none other than Emma Woods, a friend of his with whom he had some classes in common at the university. The young woman seemed to be talking about something to do with a party... It wasn't really his thing to be honest, the music hurt his ears and there were so many people there that the chances of him having to socialize were far too great.

But at the same time, the art student was having some trouble working properly lately and he was in dire need of a change of scenery. Maybe going there wasn't such a bad idea, it was different from spending the whole day drawing in his room drinking coffee without even letting a ray of sunlight through his window. Okay, he really needed to get out.

Thus, he sent a message to the young woman to tell her that he would come and she then told him the time and place, around midnight and at her house. Aesop decided to stop drawing for the evening and got ready for bed earlier than usual. The party was this weekend and he needed to charge his social batteries before the event or he would pass out from panic and that was the last thing he wanted.

The day of the party eventually came and the male had arrived at the place about half an hour after it started so it was still pretty quiet for the moment. He was only planning to stay for an hour or two before leaving anyway. For the evening, he had decided to loosen his hair for once and wore simple black jeans, a white T-shirt and a long blue jacket to go with it, without forgetting his mask, also of black color as well as a stylish line of eyeliner and a little purple eyeshadow.

The young man was standing in a corner of the room biting into his cup and furtively observing the other people present, his gaze then landed on a familiar figure who was in front of him and almost made him drop his glass. Norton Campbell, his former boyfriend. What the hell was he doing here?! Who would have thought that he knew Emma too!? The situation was getting more and more chaotic when the latter noticed him too and approached him.

Shit.

"Oh, isn't that Aesop Carl? Long time no see, not since we broke up."

"Campbell."