Arrow of rivalry

Eli x Aesop 

High School AU

_______

In Oletus High School, there was an archery club. There were about ten members in this one but two in particular stood out. Eli Clark and Aesop Carl. Two very talented young men who rarely missed their targets. Yet, for some reason, the two boys hated each other and couldn't get along.

The one with the gray hair and the mask was glaring at the other while the brown-haired, blue-eyed boy was openly mocking him in return. They were like cat and dog, snake and lion. There was always some tension in the air when these two were in the room. Which was unfortunately very frequent since they were also in the same class.

Then one day, the club president, a brunette with green eyes, announced that there was going to be a competition and that the two rivals were going to be among those participating. This also meant more training hours and more time with each other. Oh no, no way, thought Aesop. There was absolutely zero chance that he was going to be with Eli Clark any longer in a day.

The young man didn't really know how he came to hate him but it didn't matter, that was how he felt now. Even though, in the distant past, he could almost remember the two of them being rather close friends... No, impossible. This was Eli Clark we were talking about. Tall, smiling at everyone but him.

At least, it wasn't the same kind of smile he was showing him. The way the brown-haired man was looking at him... sent chills down his spine. Simply horrible, that's how he felt. If some people compared his smile to that of an angel, Aesop Carl could only see the boy's sly, petty expression. The others were simply blind.

He didn't need to practice with him. He was confident in his abilities and knew he would manage to do well on the day of the competition.

"Aesop ? You're already training at this time ?" said a male voice.

An arrow flew into the middle of a target at this question. The young man wiped the sweat from his forehead and then turned to his interlocutor, Naib Subedar, also the club president. The school had just opened its doors when Aesop arrived at the archery club's training ground and began shooting countless arrows, without a break.

"So ?" he replied coldly.

"Oh, nothing. I'm glad to see you're taking the competition seriously, but don't overdo it."

He said nothing. Then after a moment's thought,

"Sure."

Naib sketched a smile at his junior before heading into the warehouse to check the equipment. It was just the two of them at this time of day. No one came this early after all and that was precisely why he was training now. So that he would not have to come to the evening training and run into Eli Clark.

He shot a few more arrows before going to the showers and getting dressed in his uniform, classes were about to start. He pulled his mask up to his nose and walked down the corridors with his bag over his shoulder, ignoring the stares of those who came across him and heading for his class. As he approached, he could already hear his classmates talking.

Couldn't they keep it down ? It was barely eight o'clock and they were already so loud. Aesop entered the classroom with a sigh, sitting down in his seat by the window and already feeling a headache coming upon him. It couldn't have been worse until a familiar figure flipped the chair in front of him and crossed his arms over his table with a big smile.

"What are you doing, Eli Clark."

"Hey, Aesop. You ready for the competition ? Personally, I'm looking forward to it !'