Right before his eyes

Eli x Aesop 

Modern AU

______

He should have listened to his best friend. Really, he shouldn't have been so stupid as to get into a relationship with the famous Vera Nair just because she somewhat flattered his ego by saying that his face wasn't so bad and rather acceptable. His weak mind had now led him to be ridiculed by the young woman and thus end up alone again. 

They dated for about a month. Probably the longest month the brunet had ever lived. In the couple, Vera was the one who made all the decisions whether he liked it or not, it ranged from where they went out to how he dressed. Could we even call this a romantic relationship?

To be honest, it was more like the mistress walking her poodle. Then finally, came the day that the young Clark was not about to forget any time soon. He had just caught the brunette in the arms of Norton Campbell, surely one of the most popular boys on the campus. Eli immediately confronted the young woman but was treated like a stranger in front of the couple's entire group of friends. What an embarrassment.

After that, he quickly left the mall where he ran into them and went without really thinking to his best friend's apartment, an art student he knew since elementary school, Aesop Carl. When the other male with the ashen hair saw the brunet coming out of nowhere, he didn't ask him any questions and first invited him inside with a weak smile.

So, back to the present where the brunet was sitting on the living room floor, half sprawled out on the table lamenting while his friend had returned and put down two cans of soda before sitting next to him. Aesop opened his can and took a sip, watching Eli from the corner of his eyes. Seeing that the latter didn't move an inch, he moved the cool drink against his cheek.

"Argh- Aesop!"

"Drink."

"What the..."

The brown-haired man grunted as he glared at the gray-eyed one, but he did as he was told and opened his can as well and took a big gulp, almost abruptly setting the soda on the table followed by a sigh. Then he removed his glasses and massaged his temple, crossing his arms over his knees close to his chest afterwards.

"You were right."

"I know."

"Ha. Not even a word of comfort?"

"Why? It's your fault."

Sure, he had a point, but couldn't he show empathy for his best friend! The brunet rubbed the back of his head briskly before moving and lying down on the carpet, resting his head on Aesop's legs, slightly surprising the latter at this sudden gesture, almost missing dropping the can he was still holding in his hand.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm taking a nap."

"The pizza will be ready soon."

"Soon."

Aesop remained frozen in his position for a moment before sighing in return when he realized that Eli wasn't planning to move a muscle. Suddenly, the brunet opened his eyes when he felt a hand slip into his hair, meeting two gray orbs. He was struck by the beauty of the face of the one above him. Did the other male always look like this? 

He suddenly felt his face warm up under the other's gaze and immediately stood up, barely avoiding bumping into his head and surprising him once again. At this gesture, Aesop took it as a signal to go and check if the pizza was all right and so got up to go to the kitchen, leaving Eli a little frustrated in the living room.