Chapter Twelve: Portal Jacked

Ichi's P.O.V.

I tossed and turned in my sleep, words of my father speaking eerily to me.

"Ichi, no!" Leo screeched in horror as I shifted into my berserk form. I stood up, towering over the turtles, my family, and everyone I had known and loved. My eyes glowed an ominous red shade, and I turned to a mysterious purple being and roared at it.

We flashed into each other, scratching and clawing at the other. Suddenly, my father intervened, speaking through a mutant wolf. He walked right in front of me, and I furiously looked down at him. "Your yūrei, it is too powerful, and you must learn to control it. Or else..." Suddenly my dream flashed to my family, the turtles and April- and Leo, wailing in agony under me as I ruthlessly attacked them.

I let out an alien, demonic screech.
I could hear voices calling me. "Ichi!"

"Ichi. Ichi, wake up!" "Huh?" I woke up in a cold sweat.

"What's wrong?" Leo asked, concerned about the look on my face. "Oh, don't worry- just a dream about my father..."

"Sorry, Ichi," Raph began. "We've been searching but found no luck with your father," Mikey added in.

My mind flashed to Draxum and the Dark Armor- soon, I will have my father back. I just need to keep this act up for a while, and my family will be complete again. I could tell the turtles about my deal with Draxum, but what if they attack him and all my progress is wasted? The evil yokai could just escape with my father, who I may or may not ever see again.

And the turtles... If they ever found out that I was working for Draxum, they'd never forgive me.

Leo's voice snapped me out of my black hole of thoughts.

"You know, Ichi, you still seem super uptight. How about we all take a day off? Nothing bad will happen, I promise!" Leo solemnly put his hand on his chest as he pledged his allegiance.

I chuckled. "Okay, Leo. Of course!"

The three other turtles overheard our conversation, and they agreed on Leo's suggestion. "Oh, yeah!" "Gotta make it to Run of the Mill Pizza before they close," Raph suggested.

"Oh, I can't wait to try their new meatless option: vegetables," Donnie insisted. "Say no more, mis hermanos and amiga," Leo said. We all turned to him as he held his sword in the air. "I'll use my ultra-reliable portaling sword to get us there," he mentioned.

Swirling his sword around and raising an eyebrow, he cockily said, "Hachi machi!"

"No, no, no, no!" The other turtles backed off, terrified. Nevertheless, Leo opened his portal anyway.

The portal he opened this time instantly sucked the five of us in as we screamed in terror. I felt something pulling Raph, Mikey, and Donnie towards another direction, while Leo and I landed in an alleyway.

"Huh?"

As we helped each other get up, Leo had a weird look on his face after realizing that his brothers weren't around. "Leo, where are the others," I asked trying to get some sense out of him. "Ohh boy... Uhhh, probably lost them back through the portalling... But don't worry! I know the perfect guy to help us find my brothers! Follow me!"

I questionably followed after Leo to a secluded room at the end of a hallway adorned with pictures. "Leave all the talking to me," the red-eared slider assured me. He immediately burst into the room, causing a skeleton to fall down from his position. However, I could still hear them talking

"Señor Hueso, you gotta help me!"

"Certainly... I will begin by teaching you how to leave. Bye bye!" the skeleton shooed us with his hand dismissively.