Chapter Twenty-Three: Many Unhappy Returns

Ichi's P.O.V.

As the Shredder stood, we all stared in horror at him. "Stand strong! The Shredder will show no mercy!" Splinter encouraged us.

"You have betrayed me? But I thought we were partners!" Draxum cried out, but the Foot Lieutenant laughed in his face. "That's what we wanted you to think! We needed a being of mystic power to energize it and bring the Shredder to life! The Dark Armor consumed your life force and now it will destroy your body!"

Suddenly, Casey appeared through a portal and rushed to the Foot Lieutenant and Brute. "Senseis! My fury is unbridled and ready- you ressurected the Shredder without me?!" She yelled. Draxum then took the distraction to escape through a portal and made a weak escape.

Then the Shredder roared at us. Donnie started shaking as the creature advanced towards us. The Foot cheered for the Shredder, but instead it turned from us and attacked them instead, slamming them against the ground.

"Such blind rage and going after his own? That makes no sense," Splinter shook his head.

"Thanks for doing the dirty work for us! Big ups Shreddy!" Leo exclaimed, pushing away his emotions. I frowned, concerned at his sudden change of mood.

"Not now, blue!" Splinter exclaimed.

"What? I thought our nicknames might give us a nice rapport," the turtle replied.

Then, screaming "Cowabunga", the four turtles leapt onto Shredder, only for the Shredder to knock them all down with one blow. Splinter, April, and I stood facing the Shredder.

"Back off! You don't scare me... much," April yelled.

The Shredder let out a loud shriek, dropping on all fours and running directly at us. I dug my claws into the field, bracing for impact as it jumped into the air. Right as it reached Leo, it suddenly flashed and vanished.

"Huh?" Leo was dazed.

"So... that was unexpected," the Foot Lieutenant muttered as he got up.

"You fools! You have doomed all of humanity!" Splinter yelled at the Foot.

"Have we? No seriously, tell me. This has all been very confusing," the Foot Brute objected. "We must find out what went wrong. Back to the Foot Shack!" the Foot Lieutenant ordered as Casey left with the two through their portal.

Good thing I don't have to follow them anymore.

"Hey!" Raph exclaimed right as they left.

Later...

We all walked down the street, looking for Shredder, when we stopped in an alley.

"Okay what just happened there? I thought Shredder was an evil samurai dude. Not some raging animal!" April exclaimed.

"Yeah, it behaved rather feral," I added in.

"Is he coming back? I vote never!" Mikey said.

"I do not know if he is coming back, whatever he or it was... That was not the Shredder I have heard tales of," Splinter said.

"I'm not sure we can handles this guy," Donnie sighed. "What are you guys talking about? We did great!" Leo exclaimed.

"Yeah! What fight were you just in?" Raph asked. "The one where we made scrap metal run home to its toaster mommy. Wait we gotta commemorate this. One and o, baby!" Leo used a marker on a baseball shirt and wrote, 'Mad Dogs 1, Shredder 0.'

"You declare victory too easily, blue! Humanity has never seen anything so destructive and you are making t-shirts?!" Splinter smacked Leo with his tail into the ground.