Chapter Twenty: Rad Rat Dad

A/N: Let's just say that Ichi was present when the turtles found out that Splinter was Lou Jitsu! Also, here's a funny little vid I found!

Ichi's P.O.V.

I leapt through the manhole which led into the turtle lair, waltzing my way to meet Leo. Raph and Mikey were out doing something - I didn't know what - and Donnie was donating the entire day to working on the Tank and other intense nerd stuff.

And, if I may selfishly add, a whole day with just me and Leo.

I still haven't forgotten that one kiss we had a while ago; even if it was only the cheek.

Anyway, I made my way into the main lair, I caught sight of the slider sitting down and reading a comic book. With a sly grin on my face, I quietly tapped Leo on his shoulders, prompting him to look up at me with a startled expression.

His face faltered, and he sent me a wide grin of his own. "Hey, Ichi! You're here!"

Leo turned around in an attempt to jump over the bean bag he was sitting on, but his leg tripped him over the cushion and landed rather awkwardly in front of me. The blue turtle immediately stood up and chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. Was he... blushing?

"Anyway, since it's just the two of us today... I thought we could, you know, go out?" He held my hands in his and looked right at me as he awaited my answer.

"Of course! I would love to!" I exclaimed, beaming happily. Leo's grin widened as he continued to hold my hands.

"Look Ichi, I really like you, and-" Leo began, until Splinter emerged out of nowhere and karate-d our hands apart.

"Nonononono! This is not how it works in my household! If you really want to give me grandkids, you must go through intensive training and extremely difficult missions to gain my approval!" the rat exclaimed.

"But sir I-"

"No buts! I shall see you two at eight!" Splinter said as he began to walk away, leaving Leo and I with gaping mouths in shock.

"No wonder you're single," Leo muttered as his dad was almost out of sight.

The rat sent his son one last glare before disappearing around the corner.

"No worries, Ichi! I'm sure my dad won't be that serious about this," Leo tried to assure me as he draped his arm around my shoulder.

A Couple Hours Later...

Splinter, Leo and I stood on top of a building at night. Splinter had us wear black suits with matching red belts and stuff. Leo stood waiting and tapped his foot impatiently against the floor of the roof as Splinter rummaged through a bag of weapons.

The rat snatched my double-sided scythe, as well as Leo's ōdachi, and stuffed them into the bag. "This training will be to test your compatibility with my son," Splinter began. "And I will decide if you are strong enough, skillful and smart to be my daughter-in-law."

"Ugh, come on, Dad! This is foolish and a waste of time! I think I'd know if the girl I like is 'compatible enough' for me," Leo rolled his eyes and facepalmed, and immediately realized what he'd just said.

"'The girl I like'?" I asked, smirking at him with a light blush covering my cheeks.

"Uhh, well I meant yo-" Leon began, rubbing the back of his neck and blushing as well. We both began to slowly lean in as Leo's voice trailed off and the both of us stared deeply into each other's eyes.

That was when Splinter tossed a throwing knife between us to widen the gap. Then he inserted himself into our equation and used his tail to push Leo's face away from mine.