Chapter Twenty-Four: Make Up

A/N: Ichi's wolf yōkai form; her original form! Note that she does prefer to move around in her mutated lizard form more!

Ichi's P.O.V.

Mom sat on the couch of the living room, just cuddling with Dad and watching TV, who was still in his wolf yōkai form.

Every few minutes or so, she would trace circles in his thick neck fur, saying things like: "I missed you so much, dear." or "Your real name is Kagerou?" and "I love your true form more, love".

As much as I loved my beloved father, he had a lot of explaining to do. However, both my parents knew about my mutated powers and Sakura's powers. I never really talked with her about her kitsune necklace, but I figured that she must have stolen it from my drawer the night she found out about my mutant powers.

Most importantly, my parents were most mad about me sneaking out and getting myself into all sorts of trouble. So, they basically locked me in my room with my thoughts. They had also obviously forgotten that I have a fire escape right outside my room so I could leave any time I wanted to.

I took the opportunity to run down the stairs as quietly as possible so they wouldn't hear me, ran into an alley, and climbed into a sewer. I shifted into my mutant lizard form and traveled through the sewers to the turtles' lair.

I just had to apologize to them and clear things out; especially with Leo. I crawled into the lair, finding Raph, Donnie, and Mikey doing their routinely stuff.

When I jumped in, they were eerily quiet. I took a deep breath in. "I'm so sorry, you guys. I should've talked to you all when I found my father instead of keeping it to myself. Now that I think about it, it was a really bogus move, and I really wouldn't have been able to save him without your help," I admitted, fumbling with my thumbs.

"It's okay, Ichi. Everyone makes mistakes. We already forgive you," Mikey and Raph smiled reassuringly. Meanwhile, Donnie stubbornly pouted. "Well, don't expect anything out of me," Donnie harrumphed. "I'd never make a mistake."

I rolled my eyes. "Says the one who wiped the brains of his own brothers to make the more like him," I said back. Raph and Mikey gave Donnie a look, who only scoffed at their actions. "Alright, fine," Donnie rolled his eyes but smiled. "I forgive you, too. But only because holding grudges makes my skin break out with pores."

"Thank you, guys." I gratefully smiled at them. "Where's Leo?"

"He locked himself in his room after you guys' fight and hasn't come out ever since," Raph said, worriedly. That bad? I internally cringed.

"Well, I'll catch you guys a bit later," I waved them off as I walked towards Leo's room. I knocked at the door frame until I heard a tired, "Come in."

I took a deep breath in again and walked into Leo's room noiselessly. He was arranging the items on the shelf above his bed with his shell facing me. "For the last time, Mikey, I'm not coming out of this room unless I want-"

"Oh," Leo's face dropped once he saw me, and my heart broke a little at the angry, hurt expression he wore the second he turned around.

He let out a quiet sigh and patted a spot on his bed close to him. I silently did so as he finished arranging his figurines and sat close to me. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

We both said at the same time, yet we continued babbling at the same until I decided to let Leo talk first. "I was really harsh and ignorant to you," he began, but I interrupted him. "It's not your fault. I shouldn't have put myself in that kind of danger and gone behind your backs to work with the enemy. It was very foolish of me." I said.