Chapter Thirteen: Foot Training

Ichi's P.O.V.

"And then Mrs. Cuddles shrank back to the size of a peanut before we locked her away!" Mikey laughed.

"Oh, you should've seen Raph's face then!" Leo added in hysterical laughter.

I laughed along with the turtles and April, when all of a sudden, a white blur flashed in front of all of us.

We all rose from our seats on the floor and got in fighting positions.

"Ichi!" A face showed up right in front of me.

"Alopex?"

"What is she doing here?" Raph whispered to Donnie, but Alopex overheard. "I'm here to steal Ichi from you guys- just for tonight." The fox answered.

Raph stepped up to her so that he was looking down at her eye level, tension between them obviously heavy in the air. "Sorry Foxy, that isn't going to happen," Raph said, being way too overprotective for my liking.

I rolled my eyes, pushing myself between the two of them and distancing the duo. "Don't worry, I'll be fine," I told Raph, but loud enough for the turtles and April to hear. Alopex was burning with a passion to roast Raph in his face, but I took her paw and dragged her out of the turtle's lair; not before Alopex stuck her tongue out at Raph.

I led her to an alley with a follow up question. "What are you really doing here?"

"It's time for the Foot training. You want to get your father back, don't ya?"

"Yeah, but-" I started. "Come on!" Alopex took her turn to drag me into the secret training lair for members of the Foot Clan- including me. She had me changed into the traditional black and red Foot wear.

Baron Draxum wasn't yet present, but a girl with a black buzz cut and a tough look was. So was Leatherhead.

"Ichi, I would like you to meet our new Foot Recruit, Casey Jones," Alopex introduced me to the girl.

"Hey, I'm Ichika, Watanabe Ichika. But you can call me Ichi for short," I said in a friendly gesture.

"Cassandra Jones!" the Foot Recruit yelled quite loudly, and I winced slightly. "But you can call me Casey."

"It will be great pleasure of service working with you, Ichi," she saluted.

"Don't salute to her too soon. She hasn't done anything of worth or recognition yet," an ominous voice sounded in the shadows behind the four of us.

A tiger showed himself from the dark, and Alopex gave a loud groan, throwing her head back in annoyance. Leatherhead simply rolled his eyes.

"Ugh, could you ever shut up for one second, Takeshi?" She asked sarcastically.

Takeshi? This guy is her brother?

"I'm surprised Draxum chose you of all people to train," the tiger continued, ignoring Alopex's remark. "I shall watch your progress with great interest."

I gave him a half confused, half are-you-kidding-me? face. Immediately Baron Draxum emerged, a line of young Foot members following after him.

"Tigerclaw and I will have you all battling each other to see the top three who will go with us on missions to retrieve the Dark Armor," Draxum began.

I. Don't. Care. I just want to rub in that stupid kitty's face just how strong I really am, I thought.

"Let the training begin!"

Draxum paired me up against a skinny dude. Sadly, there were no weapons allowed, so I dropped my double sided sword.

The two of us ran towards each other, but before the opponent could make a move on me, I tripped him from behind and punched him in the chest so hard that he bounced up from the floor. It gave me enough time to hit him in the gut while he was still airborne and send him flying into a wall.