Chapter Twenty-Two: End Game

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates recently! Also the ROTTMNT movie trailer dropped and it will be streaming on Netflix August 5! So excited y'all!!

Ichi's P.O.V.

Alopex and I are in an underground throne room somewhere in the Hidden City, and Baron Draxum has my friends captured in cages. The older goat yōkai made his way up to have his custom made massage by the Foot Brute and Lieutenant. He was muttering something about the last piece of the Dark Armor, and sending April to retrieve it, but I stood nervously at our post near the mystic metals and wait for something certainly bad to happen. Tigerclaw followed after Draxum, leaving me with my thoughts and biting my nails as I thought of the various outcomes of the situation.

All things considered, it would not be good. Perhaps the best I can do, is once the Dark Armor is completed, I get my father back (no matter the circumstances), and get the heck outta this crazy joint. Better yet, all within the blink of an eye so no one notices that I'd be gone with my father.

Whatever the cost of my father, I'm sure will be worth it. Our family didn't operate the way we used to, and the police detectives obviously don't care enough to find him...

Speaking of which, Baron Draxum walked past me with a devious smirk on his face as he looked down at me, holding my father's orb within the grasp of his mystic vines. I only glared at him through the peep holes of my mask.

Suddenly, screams and cries of agony from the Foot Clan down the stairs of the gigantic throne room echoed throughout. Tigerclaw growled and rushed over to see who it was as Baron Draxum sat in his stone throne between where Alopex and I were standing, and the yōkai placed the orb right in front of me where the temptation was strong. I had to wait for the right moment...

Finally, the one and only Master Splinter showcases himself with April right behind him.

My heart's rate spiked the moment the two showed up. If worse comes to worst, they'd see me without my Foot wear, which included my very important mask.

Back to the fight, Tigerclaw lunged at Splinter first, who deflected the tiger's foot in mid-air, and sent the feline flying into one of the stone poles of the large room within a spark of lightning. My eyes widened as I figured I might have to fight him, but Draxum keeps his calm as he confronts the mutant rat.

Splinter demanded for his sons, and instantly the two were locked in combat. There wasn't much for either Al or I to interfere, we could only watch as the two fought.

Meanwhile, I took the opportunity to rip out my father's orb from the mystic vines that held him. Al stared at me wide-eyed as I retrieved my father. "Whatever happens, I'll help you. You're not the only one who wants off this trash team," the fox reassuringly placed her paw on my shoulder. As the fight drew nearer, Alopex and I had to move further back to avoid getting hit as we neared the Dark Armor.

Splinter sent a devastating punch into Draxum, but then Draxum spoke to him about the turtles' whereabouts and conditions, which made me feel even more guilty.

"Frightened"

"Trapped"

"Alone"

Then Draxum dropped a cloth full of their weapons, and my mind reeled at the severity of this situation. Splinter looked defeated, and knelt down at his sons' remains. Draxum was readily demanding for the last piece of the Dark Armor, the Kuroi Yōroi. That was when I decided to quickly bring back my father and stop this terror madness that Draxum so desperately wanted.

I figured that breaking the orb would trap my dad away forever, and there was a way to unlocking the orb safely, but I didn't know how. Luckily, Alopex came to my rescue and twisted the orb into a special pattern; like a puzzle, and in a small explosion of smoke, a skinny figure stood right in front of me. As it emerged, a heavily furred canine face looked at my eyes with severity and confusion. The features were distinctly different, but were soon enlightened with hope.