11

11

Humble request : Please read my OS 'Not all hearts that beat' to get the full feel of Anirudh's emotions.

***

Shivangi was not sleeping, but she was not fully awake either. She was in the state of sleeplessness where her mind still actively conjured the events of the day.

Once the initial guilt at letting Ashwin with half knowledge subsided, she was overcome with anger at him for not trying to reach out to her. He already had his number, if her opinion meant more than his self pity, he will know where to reach.

Shivangi decided she is not going to be the kind of women to take blame for the actions of others. It was Pugazh who chose to reveal selective information to rile up Ashwin, it was Ashwin who chose to leave with half knowledge, Shivangi in no way contributed to the chaos. So, she decided to be gentle on herself.

This decision was also reached upon because a bigger guilt took its place in her mind. Anirudh.

As face of the event, Anirudh was also scheduled to photo shoot later that day. He walked in just when Shivangi was leaving and in spite of the hurry his team seemed to have been in, he greeted her and waited to talk to her.

"Photo shoot ku ipdi vanda podhuma?" he asked looking at her jeans and faded denim jacket over white Tshirt. "Naan kooda casual ah vandirupane, ipdi fancy coat illama." He said patting his expensive suit.

(Is it okay to dress this way to photo shoot? I would have also dressed casually instead of such fancy coat.)

Shivangi let out an unconvincing chuckle at his effort at being funny. She was still too occupied in the mind for casual conversation even if it was with one of the top music directors of the country.

"En shoot mudinjichu." She answered sincerely without going for witty repartee. Not that it would ever occur to Shivangi to come up with flirty comeback to a music director she respected a lot. "Naan gown dan potu irunden."

(My shoot is over.) (I wore a gown)

"Apdiya! Che! Terinjirunda seekiram vandirupene."

(Really! I should have come early then)

Shivangi only smiled unsure why he said that. She thought he was only trying to be nice to her.

"Kelambiteengla?" he asked

(Are you leaving?)

"Aama, enaku shoot mudinjudhu."

(Yes, my work is done)

"Ohhh... Actual ah enaku two hours dan solli irukanga." He began. "Epdiyum munnadiye mudinjirum. Ungaluku vera work edhum illai na namba oru pudhu song pathi discuss pannalam."

(Oh! I have only two hours work. Might be over even before that. If you are free, we can discuss about a new song)

She was in no way in the mind to discuss anything, especially nothing professional. However, how can she let Anirudh down easy? She feared if she already offended him when she refused to sing for him in Ashwin's movie.

"Na..." she searched for proper response. "Ilaa.... actual ah... Late aaiduchu..."

(Me...I....welll.... Its late...)

"Studio varaikum ponum nu illa. Ingaye restaurant la discuss pannalam. Naa phone la play panni kaatren."

(We don't have to go to my studio. Let us discuss here at restaurant. I will play for you in phone)