13

13

Shivangi was pulling her hair into a high pony tail, but looking herself in the mirror, she found something was missing. Yes, this was her usual dressing style. A simple subtle top paired with more than often jeans and her hair in low pony tail. For some reason, dressing this way felt mismatched.

She found a white dress with bright coloured flower patterns and changed into it. Instead of pony tail, she let her hair loose with only a catch clip holding the section hair in the mid, she also decided to add smudge of eyeliner along with kajal and finally finished the look with black bindi.

"Party oh?" her mother looked at her curiously

"Illa, recording dan." Shivangi shrugged.

(Nope, recording)

It is not often that Shivangi takes effort to dress up well, so her mother was surprised.

Even Shivangi was not sure why she bothered to dress up. She just felt liking taking care of her looks.

It is okay for a woman to feel so, isn't it?

Shivangi was about to book Uber to take her to studio when Pugazh called her. Knowing they both were to go to the same place, he offered to drop her as he also had things to talk to her.

"Enna pesanum?" Shivangi asked as soon as she settled in Pugazh's car

(What did you want to talk about?)

"Vikram ku no solleeta nu sonnanga." He said directly without beating around the bush.

(Did you refuse Vikram's proposal?)

"Ama, anna. Seri pattu varum nu tonala."

(Yes, I didn't think it was right)

"Adhuku edachu karanam irukume?"

(Do you have a reason for it?)

"Apdi onnum karanam illa."

(No)

Pugazh turned to Shivangi and smiled knowingly.

"En kitta poi solladha Shivangi." He said. "Avanukaga dana no sonna."

(Don't lie. You refused for him, right?)

Shivangi closed her eyes and collected her thoughts. She was tired of Pugazh thinking her still having feelings for Ashwin is sign of weakness. How can love be weakness?

Foolish, well maybe, yes. But, definitely not weakness.

She is aware of her own heart and she knows what she is doing. Even five years ago when she announced in national television she has a crush on Ashwin she did it with utmost consciousness and even now she does everything with same belief.

"Avarkaga illa..." Shivangi looked at Pugazh. "Aana avarnala dan."

(Not for him, but because of him)

Pugazh was taken aback by her answer. He was convinced that this young woman who he considers as his own sister has misplaced left over romance that is making it hard for her to move on. He didn't expect her to answer back with conviction.

"Enaku teriyum anju varshatuku munnadi nadandadhu enna affect pannuchu. Ippo kooda pannudhu. Ennala enna suthi irunda neenga ellam kooda affect aaneenga. Avar romba periya tappu pannaru. Avaruke teriyum adhu. Pala vaati sorry kooda ketutaru. Aana, anna...." she sighed. "Avara hurt panradha nenachu naan ennaye hurt pannika maaten. Innoruthar kooda kalyanam...." she shook her head. "Ennala nenache paaka mudiyadhu. "

(I know whatever happened five years ago affected me badly and in turn affected all of you as well. He made a mistake. He knows it. He has apologized for it many times. But, I am not gonna hurt myself in order to hurt him. Marriage with someone else...I can't even imagine that.)