17

17

Shivangi was shivering to the point her teeth were clattering. It was extremely unwise to drench themselves like this. Ashwin felt the most helpless on their way back from beach to his house when he saw that cold made her shudder.

Eventually when they both walked into the house, he rushed to his room to get a spare towel for her.

Before Ashwin could leave his closet with a towel for her, he stopped in tracks as he saw her walk inside his small walk-in closet. She stood near the dressing table as she looked around.

"Thala todachuko." He handed her the towel. "Naan edachu akka dress iruka nu paathutu varen."

(Dry your hair. I will get you my sister's clothes)

Shivangi didn't reply as she slowly made her way to his wardrobe. Ashwin wasn't able to move from there desperate to capture in mind the vision he has imagined numerous time. The side from which he retained a spare towel was still open and Shivangi stood in front of it letting her fingers brush the clothes in hanger. Her hand finally settled on a yellow sweatshirt. She took it off the hanger and turned to Ashwin, "Naan refresh aaikaren."

(Let me use the restroom)

Ashwin had to use immense strength to pull himself out of there. When he closed the door of his room, his hands actually shivered. This cannot be happening to him. He cannot get to live his dreams this easily. He cannot be this lucky.

Shivangi stood in front of the mirror as she looked at herself. His sweatshirt was oversized and so was the khaki shorts that almost reached her calf. However, she couldn't resist the urge. She felt powerful today in his presence and every ounce of her old self, her desires and aspirations that she has bottled for the past five years are finally taking root. She was not able to resist herself.

Grabbing her wet hair to one side of her shoulder, Shivangi left Ashwin's room in search of him.

Ashwin almost forgot to blink when he saw her walk towards him effortlessly in his simple clothes that looked flattering on her and kindled the urge to pull her closer to him. The hot steam from the vessel in front of him was only saviour that deterred him from acting on his instincts.

Shivangi raised her eyebrow in question as she saw Ashwin stood near the dining table with hot water and beige duvet. He has already changed into dry clothes and his hair was semi-wet and ruffled.

"Aavi pudichuko." He said in meek voice.

(Hot water steam)

"Aavi ah? Edhuku?" she knew the answer, but she wanted the pleasure of hearing it from him.

(Why?)

"Tannila nenanjiruka. Event vera iruku. Edachu Sali pudichita kashtam."

(You were drenched. You have an event, you can't fall sick)

Shivangi didn't even try to hide her smile. How does it come easy for him to care for her. She was taken back to the time they were together in show. After initial acquaintance turned to friendship, every time Ashwin was in vicinity, she has always felt like she doesn't need to bother about herself. He will always have one eye directed towards her and just knew when she was in trouble. His protective nature is what attracted her to him the most.

Shivangi obliged as she sat on the chair he pulled out for her and let him cover with the duvet so she could inhale the steam of hot water mixed with eucalyptus oil.

"Neengalum pudinga." Shivangi insisted as soon as she had enough of the home remedy.

(You have to do it too)