45

45

Rating : 16+

"Seri ma purinjidhu. Phone veinga." Ashwin told his mom. "Athai veetuku poitu koopdunga." Hearing his mother's reply about not wanting to disturb, not willing to start over the same conversation Ashwin immediately interjected, "At least message pannunga." He listened to what his mother instructed losing his patience before he cut the call with curt bye.

(Okay, mom I got it.) (Call me after you reach.) (Fine just text me)

When Ashwin turned around, he saw Shivangi standing there in the balcony giggling at his plight. He rubbed his nape with an uncomfortable smile.

Ashwin wished his family had agreed to just let them decide where they want to do first night as a married couple instead of making it an open forum discussion. Both the families, with no input from the new couple, decided Ashwin and Shivangi will be staying at Ashwin's house while his own family will be spending the night at his aunt's giving the couple privacy.

Last one hour was super awkward for Ashwin while seeing off relatives and his parents for obvious reasons. With last phone call to his mother, he was finally done with people for next many days and ready to just concentrate on himself and of course his new wife.

Shivangi was taking immense pleasure in her husband of few hours struggle to maintain a decent rapport with most of his relatives and play host. Never before has she seen him in such private, domestic setting and this equally amused and entertained her. Adding to his discomfort with people were innuendos about their impending wedding night that most people considered good humour tested Ashwin's tolerance.

Now, finally with everyone, including her in-laws, out of the house and he is in his very private sanctuary, she hoped he can relax.

"Enna paatha siripa iruka?"

(Is this funny to you?)

Shivangi made her way towards him and his hands automatically went around her to pull her closer to him.

"Idhuku dan andha resort polam nu sonnen." He reminded of the beautiful pictures of resort he kept forwarding her until last day before their wedding. "Nee dan periyavanga ellam saangiyamnu solranga adhu idhu nu enn plan flop panna."

(This is why I wanted to go to the resort. You wanted us to listen to elders)

She smiled at him as she straightened the frown lines in his forehead. Throughout the wedding process, she made sure they always stuck a balance between what elders wanted and what they both wanted. Thanks to her smart brain she was successful too.

"Angayum taniya daan irupom, ingayum ippo taniya dana irukom." She reasoned. "Andha resort vida azhaga neenga namakaga veedu katti irukeenga. Naamba edhuku engayo ponum.'"

(We have same privacy here too. This house that is built for us is more beautiful than any resort.)

On hindsight, Ashwin loved the idea of starting their life at the house that is very special to him as he built it with her in mind. Just the usual confusions that come with dealing with relatives got the better of him. Now, with his beautiful wife in his arms, he couldn't think of anything but her and the beginning of their exciting journey.

"Ennikum vida inniku romba azhaga iruka." He complimented

(You look more beautiful than ever )