7

7

Sharath looked around the hall making sure everyone was settled. So far the party has been a hit. Dinner is served and slowly people were walking to the buffet to relish the generously ordered food. On his insistence, event managers have set a huge table in the far corner so that their CWC family can all occupy the table to reminisce old times.

"Anna." Sharath saw Shivangi walked towards him nervously.

(Bro)

"Enna aachu ma?"

(What is it?)

"Adhu..." she looked at the large table where some of their former colleagues were already seated.

(That is...)

"Anga dan ma namba team full ah." He said

(Our team is there)

"Naan enna solla vandan na... adhu... avaru..." Shivangi's gaze flicked to where Ashwin stood talking to a veteran TV celeb. "Neenga avara kooptu anga ukkara solreengala? Vandadula irundu taniya irukaru."

(I wanted to say ...that...he.... Can you tell him to sit there with everyone else? He has been alone since he came)

Sharath looked at her amazed. The young girl he saw on sets five years grew into a beautiful, successful woman now. What didn't change is her compassion. Maybe Sharath didn't fully yet comprehend what transpired between his sister and his partner. But, it was evident that their heart hasn't gone far from caring for each other.

He nodded without saying anything. Sharath knew Pugazh will have his head for doing it. But, being a married man in love with his wife, he knew helping two people who are meant to be to get together can never go wrong.

Sharath made his way towards Ashwin.

"Partner, pasikalaya vaanga." He called

(Partner, aren't you hungry?)

Ashwin looked at Sharath in admiration. He has not been a good friend in these years, but that didn't stop Sharath from extending warm welcome and kindness to him. After meeting only people who have used and betrayed him, how did he get lucky to find such honest souls? She bought with her not only luck and love to his life, but also wonderful people and environment.

"Sorry, partner." He confessed. "Naan avlova unga kooda touch la..."

(Sorry, partner. I didn't keep in touch with yo..)

"Adellam vidunga, partner." Sharath said. "Ippo vanduteenga illa. Namba fun pannuvom."

(Forget it. Let us have fun now)

Ashwin found himself seated right opposite Shivangi. It was no act of deliberation, purely because Kani vacated her seat and made him sit there. Ashwin looked at Shivangi, who looked at him with a strange expression. At least it wasn't one of indifference that she has been giving him.

"Ennada muyal maari carrot norukitu iruka?" asked Master, the only person who was still same with Ashwin as he was on first day. They even worked together on his first film.

(Why are you munching carrot like bunny?)

"Non-veg vittuten master." Ashwin said

(I have become a vegan.)

"Vittutaya? Eppo?"

(You did? When?)

Ashwin's eyes travelled to Shivangi for a brief minute before he answered. "Romba naal aachu."