42

42

NOTE : Adi Poli isn’t part of LH universe. According to this story, they parted ways after MM IV.

****

“Un peyaril en perai serthu
Viralodu uyir koodu korthu “

Shivangi’s eyes widened when six boys standing in front of her moved to the sides to reveal Ashwin walking towards her with a proud smile for managing to catch her off guard.

It was their sangeeth night. Everyone but Ashwin and Shivangi had practiced for it. Ashwin was being unreasonable in the name of romantic saying their dance will be impromptu.

“Naan practice panni aadna cinema la aadra feel varum ma.” He told her. “Adhu dana naan eppavum panren. Namba natural ah feel panradhu aadlam.”

(If I practice dance, it might feel like I am doing it for movies. Let us shake our leg naturally)

Shivangi agreed without a fuss because she was more than happy to spend her time concentrating on other important things that was life changing than practicing dance. She knew with or without practice her family is going to make the function a memorable one.

Now, however, she was surprised to see Ashwin perform a rehearsed number in front of her and that to one of their songs.

Even as Shivangi was trying to make sense of what is happening in front of her, Ashwin was joined by her brother and cousins as they began to shake legs for “Stove mela kadai”.

Shivangi threw her head back and laughed as she remembered how silly she felt on hindsight thinking the song that she sang for the man after feeling ‘kulu kulu’ was stove mela kadai. She was such a silly young girl.

Two of her cousins who were dancing in the front sprinted towards her, held her hand and took her to the centre stage to where Ashwin was matching steps with others.

Once she stood in front of Ashwin, he stopped dancing, moved closer to her and whispered, “Enaku pori urandai mukkiyam illa.” His lips curved into a smile. “Nee dan mukkiyam.”

(I care about you the most)

Right on cue played, “Pani ni sa sa.” Making Shivangi’s eyes widened in surprise. She caught on to what he was doing. He has arranged for performance with ‘their’ songs. 

Ashwin held her hand and spun her around making her white and gold chevron lehenga make a tent around her. With his matching white kurtha with gold shimmer and brown churidar pant, she could only imagine what sight she makes in his arms.

“Kanavil neeyum vandal enn urakam kekirai.” Ashwin sang along in her ears making her giggle. “Ediril neeyum vandal enn uyirai kekirai.”

Her girl cousins joined and Shivangi’s heart filled with nervous excitement even now after years as she heard the song. As everyone around her performed the dance they practiced, Shivangi joined for the signature step.

“Asku maaro aska maaro

Ultimate-u namma pair-oh”

Her first song. Special song. She equally excited and felt edgy when it was released. She remembered even now the conversation she and Ashwin had regarding their promising music videos to be released by sae label. They have come a long way, still this song was special to her. She was happy that he chose her first song out of her and his hit numbers. How does he always manage to make her feel important? 

Shivangi smiled at Ashwin who was dancing to her right. She has never seen him dance to her voice. It was the first time and she couldn’t explain in words how proud she felt at that moment.