♡ Waltz | Joseph Desaulnier

↳song suggestion: Joji - SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK

Genre: Fluff ♡

Note: Y/N - your name, L/N - last name, Photographer's Limited A-Tier "D.M." costume

Reader: she/her [ hunter ]─◌✰್

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The clicking of the shoes (Y/N) wore echoes through the silent corridors of the asylum as she searched her next victim in this cat and mouse game. The asylum is quite a tricky map with it's wide areas, tight hallways and thousands of rooms all around the building which is such a pain in the neck for both survivors and hunters alike. She considered herself unlucky today when she found out this was the map, she had a thought of just going friendly but she doesn't actually know what else to do when being friendly so she just decided to try her best to hunt the survivors in such area. She already sent one back to the manor, as she slowly walked around deep in her hopes she can make it a tie, a win might be ludicrous considering she isn't that good of a hunter with her soft and sensitive demeanor.

Despite that, she is still a hunter you could be anxious about especially if she is in a bad mood. She may be one of the sweetest people you'll meet but if her last string snapped she becomes someone that will make you shiver out of fear "Sorry dear," she apologized as she swing her weapon in anticipating a survivor. To what felt like an eternity she was able to down the said survivor, quickly picking them up to tie them on the balloons the last cipher popped "How unfortunate..." she sighed placing the caught survivor in a near-by rocket chair. "They almost struggled out," guarding the area making sure they won't rescue the last minute "I guess I'll camp to secure a tie," she added. Around this time an exit gate (or both) had probably been opened and the chaired survivor had already passed the mark.

Hearing something getting ready to blast off  she saw the survivor flew away from the map as the other two had already left, she sighed out of relief that she doesn't need to hunt anymore. Returning to her perspective side of the manor, she weakly made her way towards the garden which connected both sides, she also heard someone clapping behind her. Her face enlighten when she saw who it was "That was marvellous, dear (Y/N)!" Joseph complimented opening his arms for (Y/N), she sprinted towards him giving a warm embrace.
Looking at her beloved, Joseph caressed her cheeks "You really did wonderful there," he stated making (Y/N) giggle "Thank you! It was tough to say at the least," she implied with a smile. Not long, Joseph had confessed his feelings towards (Y/N) which she gladly returned; everyone in the manor found out and in their point of view they thought it took them long enough to get together.

Though, they are awkward and shy with each other they enjoyed each other's company to the fullest. Joseph placed a quick kiss onto his lover's lips, with a blushing face they both just laughed it off "Oh, have you heard about the new event?" Joseph asked leading (Y/N) to a bench in the quiet garden, around them were butterflies and all sorts of plants and a fountain to top it all off beautifully. Shaking her head in disapproval Joseph explained "There is apparently a new event and because of that event there will be a ball."

(Y/N)'s ear perked up when she heard the word 'ball', half of the reason is because she' delighted the other is nervousnes, living in a class where parties are such a rare occasion she hardly no..she never attended something so grand like this! Sensing her anxious ness he patted her head "Don't worry, sweetheart. I know you'll be fine during the ball," he reassured her, she just nodded with a slight pink tint on her cheeks and a small smile. On her way towards her room she had a glimpse of when the party will be held, to her surprise it was only a few weeks away, biting her nails she sweat theorizing what outfit she'd wear on such a big day.

Weeks had passed and her she is...
"Ball...ball..a ball," throwing her dresses on the bed she recklessly search for the 'perfect outfit' with Mary, Michiko, Violetta and Yidhra admiring either their own or her dresses that she thrown onto the bed. "How about this?" Violetta unfolded to reveal a blue dress "Hmm...it doesn't suit (Y/N) that much, sorry Violetta," Michiko informed holding up the said dress to (Y/N) to check if it suits her or not. "How about this one?" Yidhra asked as her follower (A/N: Please what's the name of her follower) handed (Y/N) one of her most exquisite gowns she had ever received. Mary instantly stood up with a wide smile on her face "Yes! It's perfect for her!" She enthusiastically commented, shoving (Y/N) inside the bathroom alongside with the gown.

"Are you sure? Is it not—" before she could finish Yidhra avowed "I'm sure your Joseph will find it beautiful," and with that the bathroom door shut, hiding (Y/N)'s flustered face. Gazing at the gown that she held she sighed, still unsure if it will look great on her since she only wore the gown once, it was her S-tier costume when she first came in the manor, the longer she stayed the memory of having the costume also slowly and slightly vanished that is until now "I have no choice now do I?" Her eyes on the mirror as she held the gown in a way it would show a preview of what she'll look like before wearing it.

Where the party was held was in a large room, the chandelier illuminating everyone attending the ball in their most stunning costumes (some where just wearing their regular outfit); Emma wearing her 'Ghost Girl', Luca and Edgar both wearing the outfits they obtained during Season 13 ('Golden Ratio' and 'Electrolysis'), BonBon in it's 'Western Baron', etc. Entering the room, (Y/N) ended up indeed wearing her first S-tier costume with Mary in her (iconic) 'Bella Donna', Violetta with 'Floral Sacrifice', Michiko in 'Lady Thirteen' and finally Yidhra in her 'Vajytte'. Leaning against a table with a glass of undrinked wine on her hand a voice called her "(Y/N)?"

"Yes Joseph—" a blush could be seen across her face "Oh...sh...He looks so handsome!" Completely agaped from Joseph's D.M. costume with only being brought back into reality by a snap of a finger, Joseph chuckled at her reaction. "Sorry I was.." he kissed her hand which made her flustered as she already is "Don't worry about it, dear. You look charming as well," he complimented with a wink "Thank you.." she managed to stuttered out, admiring the photographer infront of her. As soon as the music pierced in he looked at her again with his irresistible gaze "Would you like to dance with me?" He offered politely towards her waiting for her answer "I don't dance well," she admitted with defeat in her voice.

His eyes widen from what she said "Nonsense. I'm sure you'll do fine," taking her towards the dance floor they waltz together with Joseph constantly giving praises and advises with dancing to (Y/N) and her giving him some words in return. After isolating herself and Joseph in her head, she felt her confidence boasted as they danced the night away with fitting music in the background while they both gazed in each other's eyes ("Have you seen two lovebirds that both look so attractive?" Emma commented watching the couple waltz "Well now we do," Annie joked "—And it's them," Patricia added pointing towards the two).

Before the party fully ended, Lady Nightingale gathered everyone to take a picture to commcommemorate the event. "I hope she'll take a good picture," Joseph wished fixing his outfit which made (Y/N) chuckle "I hope she gets my good angle," she joked doing these funny poses as she said it. "All angles on you are your good angle," he commented giving her a smile "Look who's talking," she giggled "I appreciate it but you mister also look handsome in all angles," she added playing with her hair "Smile!" Lady Nightingale cheered, ready to take the photo, with Joseph's hand on her waist, the picture was taken with ease.

"That was a fun night!" She stretched her arms before twisting the doorknob of her room, Joseph still holding her other wrist he pulled her in for another kiss "It was," he agreed both of them smiling in glee. "Goodnight madam (Y/N)," he greeted and bowed at her, she chuckled and played a long doing a curtsy "Goodnight sir Joseph."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Word count: 1436