♡ Godly Loving You | Eli Clark

↳song suggestion: Francis Forever - Mitski

Genre: Fluff

Note: Y/N - your name, L/N - last name

Reader: she/her─◌✰್

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Against the soft cotton candy clouds a goddess stared below on top of the pliable mattress, that happens to floats,  towards the a crowd of people that are preparing for a heartful prayer to the gods above. "Are you coming or not?" A semi-irritated voice brought the unknown goddess away from her thoughts, she wore a white dress which reached her ankles, the sleeves of the dress were also long but longer than her dress while a slit cut through the matching sleeves which allows her arms to show (people call it hanging sleeves). Her eyes scanned the other god "Why are you in that form?" She referred to his form which consists tentacles for legs and a vague form for a head filled with eyes "Where is you beautiful luscious hair Hastur?!" She joking asked while standing up to follow him from behind "You're just going to make me wear embarrassing hairstyles..." the said god, Hastur, sighed seeing the female god fidget with her hands as if she was braiding someone hair.

"Stop being childish Goddess of Fortune," another god scolded her "You may be one of the newest gods here, around 20 years to be precise, it doesn't mean you should be childish," he added glaring down at her. "But it doesn't also mean you're over a hundred thousand years old you should be grumpy all the time. Put a smile on your face and the world would be brighter," she replied motioning him to smirk to which he only scoffed as a bitter response. "Calm now. We all have been in her shoes," Hastur chimed in "Now, if you may answer our one question new goddess, are you ready to protect your people when time of calamity comes?" Another goddess questioned her in a soft and gentle voice you could ever imagine.

All were quiet as they all stood on top the pink clouds as the sun is about to rise, despite the silence the new goddess' mind isn't. From the moment she was born everything went in a flash, her being a goddess and now a village whom worship her and ask for protection but is she really the god they need? Is she the god she needs to be? "I don't know but...what if I'm not the god..?" She was hesitant asking that but it just came out of her mouth "There were two of us born in the same tree, how can you be sure I'm the god and the other was meant to be a human?" She added biting her fingernail "How are you sure that one is meant to be human? Is their such thing as twin gods? What if we both meant to be gods or humans? What if we both or one was a mistake—" she was cut off by the old god's thundering rage as he made a loud thud with his wooden staff "Do not question fate!" "Fate or assumption? You never explained how you 'knew' I am this so-called 'Goddess of Fortune'," she retorted which only stir the tempest within the old god like a heavy storm in the middle of the sea as whirlpools starts to form and the lighting striking the vast and deep sea with the crew in the ship losing control due to the strong wind and the unbelievable strength of the currents.

Before he could lash out and create the problem much more bigger a voice invited itself in "I think we need to end this short..." the other god informed, turning his back. The old god gave the new goddess a cold glare before he flounce himself out "...You—" "You all never answer my questions.." she interrupted Hastur "I know I went over the line but I can't let myself live under a rock forever. It's suffocating," she admitted nearly tearing up before dismissing herself. "You know...she's got a point," the other goddess started "With the god thing...we weren't sure which one of them since they are so similar to one another. We didn't expect them to be twins...how long would he let go the fact that he may be wrong..." she muttered as Hastur sighed, no words came out of his words since he, too, doesn't know what to answer to it.

"Sunrise is near..." the village people informed seeing the sun slightly reveal itself against the horizon, the shadow of the tree loom over a young girl as she kneeled down in front of the tree praying, a man around his 20s stood behind her as he also took part of the praying.  The citizen gathered around as all of them all prayed and asked for blessings, the tree they all praying at is said to where the goddess was born and where another was too born and is a human. That human child was taken under the care of the village as a precious person and the tree was left as a scared one, the tree was a huge one towering over them as they all hid beneath it's shadow as the sun rose.