♡ Owl's Woodland | Eli Clark

↳song suggestion: KOKIA - KUMA

Genre: Fluff ♡

Note: Y/N - your name, L/N - last name

Reader: she/her ─◌✰್

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Mystical and mysterious creatures are said to live here—by the forest near the house I live in," a maiden shared calmly to her friend as they walked on the patchy trail surrounded by grass on their way to a small cottage circled by a gate "Well, be careful (Y/N). You never know what may linger there in the woods," her friend warned her "You should move closer to the village instead being here, if you live there with me—with us—you'll have an easy walk to the bakery, the pharmacy, all your needs!" She insisted desperately, giving (Y/N) the puppy dogs eyes. She muster all her strength to resist the urge and willingness to accept her friend's request and yet she shook her head slowly as she looked at her friend's now disappointed face.

Simply from (Y/N)'s face her friend knew as much as she wanted to take on her kind offer, even if she tried to, she can't seem to find any strength to do so. "Vera...you know I can't do that," (Y/N) told her "I couldn't let my grandmother's cherished house go to ruins," she added remembering her grandmother's final wish before she departed with the living, sighing in defeat Vera nodded her head and bid farewell letting (Y/N) silently walk on the path that leads down to her house near the woods.

It was a old cottage, the walls of the gates were covered in vines and squeaked as (Y/N) pushed the doors open, a short dirt path trailed towards the entrance as overgrown grass sat peacefully everywhere expect the path; it felt like she was the same little kid that would happily run and jump onto her grandma's arms for a hug on this very same path. Entering the old house, the sunlight illuminated where ever it could touch as dust particles flew around, memories she recalled as she scanned her surroundings—joyful ones. The same round table sitting at where it always been, her grandmother's favourite floral patterned curtains that slightly covered the window by the kitchen sink, the dandelions her grandmother took care of (to which now (Y/N) takes responsibility with) and as simple as the scent of old wood gave her nostalgia.

Other nostalgia washed across her like the small yet hazy memory she has of a boy named Eli, she used to play with him when they were kids before he vanish. She couldn't recall much about him besides his pet owl, yet remembering the memory made her fuzzy and warm despite the gaps and holes.

Her dress swayed with her as she went her way upstairs through the stairs, her bedroom door opened easily as she continued to enter. Her comfy bed laying near the only window of the house, leaning towards it she could see the village from a far, the patchy road she and Vera walked on and the beautiful nature surrounding this vast place mesmerised her eyes while the wind gently sweep across her hair. Her eyes landed on the forest near the cottage, no one dared to enter that woods for one reason: it's so deep.

Not a single soul had the courage to venture onto the unknowns of that rather huge forest as the trees were closely impacted with one another nearly letting any sun hit the ground, the only ones that have the confidence to walk in and out were animals themselves; one tried to enter with their most loyal companion, a dog. But worry filled his veins as the dog barked aggressively as soon as this woods were in view. Which gave (Y/N) a questions she couldn't answer—what's inside this woods? It's like any other woods out there right? Why does grandma wanted to leave near it so bad? She could only sigh as those problems have no complete solutions yet if she was a mathematician with a handful of time in their hands she'd solve this equation in a flash but she isn't as the afternoon was drawing near, lunch is what she must do.