♤ Love during War | Naib Subedar

↳song suggestion: Oliver Tree - Hurt

Genre: Angst ♤

Note: Y/N - your name, L/N - last name, H/C - hair colour, - flashback

Reader: they/them ─◌✰್

A/N: I'm not sure if Naib Subedar is real name but for the sake of writing, I'll be referring him in that name. I apologise in advance if I interpret his or any character's backstory incorrectly..

!!! curse words !!!

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"If only I was quicker...maybe if I was faster...maybe I could had a chance to save you..."

His mind off somewhere else as he just stare into the horizon in the forest along side with other soldier, one of which noticed him just sitting under a tree as everyone else were getting their meal. They sighed as they took another plate and scooped him the prepared meal before handing it to him "There are more to life than the battlefield y'know Naib." They commented passing a plate filled with appetizing meal on it, it's flavorful scent made the said person tempted to devour it in an instant once it was handed out.

Jolting back into reality he grabbed the plate his eyes averting towards his comrade seeing they are holding a plate for themselves; sitting next to him as the canopy of the trees serving as their shade, sunlight ceased the gaps in between each leaf. He silently gazed at person, a soldier he known and befriend since the very first day he was one, it was none other than (Y/N). He knew their reasons but he wouldn't tell his yet they never questioned it.

Out of the blue they heard them complained "After this, being a soldier and all, I'll get a carefree life!" Taking another bite to their meal a slight tear escaped their eye, Naib wiping it away but more came "What's in your head this time?" He asked grabbing a small handkerchief and continued to wipe the tears away from their cheeks "I just don't want you to die..." they revealed putting their fork down "I don't want to die... I dont want any of our friends to die..but we are soldiers, you may pr may not had chose to put your life in the line but I didn't. It may sound selfish of me but...I never wished for this. I wanted to live carefree but I needed to impress him, show him I'm brave...but I'm not," they muttered.

Setting his and their meal aside he just pulled them into his embrace "I know...you won't die. As long as I'm here," he promised hearing their snuffles against his shoulders, from time to time they'd meltdown, the reason why they joined was to impress their father who always seen them as a weakling. (Y/N) had only shown them their vulnerability towards him despite that he never saw them as a feeble person the opposite in fact, even though he despises being a British soldier he wanted to protect them even after this military service, he wanted to be by their side as long as possible because he knows they'll also be by his side when he needed them. Stroking their (H/C) locks he wanted to stay like this a little longer.

"Another win!" Emma cheered jumping like a child as the mercenary silently walked away. "Naib, where are you going?" Kurt asked with concern towards him making him look back "Going back to my room," he replied in a straightforward way before walking off once more leaving them silent. Sitting in front of his desk he opened the diary the manor gave them, blank pages just waiting to be filled with ink and his handwriting. He sighed remembering the person he cherished so dearly who now had returned to where they came from, came back into the care of the earth below the soil. The memory of it alone nearly made him melt into tears as he scanned the pages with his writing and spotting their name on one of them.