Count On Me

BARRY POV:

Today, as it happens most days, after waking up and doing my morning routine, I left the house and passed by Jitters to buy my favorite coffee and as I still had some time before I had to go to the CCPD, I went through STAR Labs and I spent some time with my friends, Caitlin, Cisco, Ralph and Harry Wells. It was ten-thirty when I arrived at the CCPD and before I could install myself in my humble little swivel chair, I was called to a new crime scene.

As soon as Detective Patrick and I arrived at the crime scene, we saw that it was a robbery and homicide. While Patrick was talking to the witnesses, who were immense, I went into the store and started collecting all the evidence and looking for fingerprints. However, as we were in a store, there were a lot of fingerprints, so it was going to be very difficult to know which ones the killer would be.

After taking all the evidence and several fingerprints, I closed my kit and Patrick and I went back to the CCPD. As soon as we got back, I went to my lab and started to analyze all the evidence I had collected from inside the store. About twenty-five minutes later, we received the images from the surveillance cameras, but as the store owner had told us, the images are not of very high quality.

"Is there anything new yet?" Asked Patrick.

- Some. As you would expect, since the store is a place with a lot of people, I was analyzing the countless fingerprints I found and these five people have already registered. There was a small spot next to where the victim's body was, which is a mixture of oil.

"What about the surveillance cameras?" Asked Patrick.

- Unfortunately the quality is quite bad, but Vanessa is already working on them to see if we can get a better image of the assailant. But when I have something new, I'll call you.

About twelve minutes after Patrick left the laboratory, Vanessa, a colleague of mine, managed to improve the image of the assailant a lot and after passing the photograph through our database, we obtained a correspondence.

"Samuel Carter, 39 years old, left prison four months ago, where he was arrested for assault," I said on the phone.

After sending the suspect's address by message, I started to clean the utensils I used in this case and put them in place, already washed and dried. Then I went back to my secretary and I was signing some paperwork until Patrick came to me and told me that he had captured our suspect and that he had already confessed to the assault and murder. My shift was almost over, so I started packing my things.

- Barry, can I? - Joe asked at my office door. - I needed a big favor from you.

- Sure, what do you need?

- Do you think you can take care of Jenna for a few hours? A new case appeared at the last minute and this is one of those complicated ones, so Eddie and I are going to have to do some overtime, Cecile has an important meeting because of a trial that will take place tomorrow. I already called Iris, but she has an important meeting in the paper tonight and Wally is also busy.

- But you didn't have a babysitter?

- Yes, Amanda. I already called her, but she has a test tomorrow morning and needs to study. Do you think you can do me that favor? It will only be a few hours before Cecile or I get home.

- Of course yes. She leaves the day nursery at half past six, do you think you can pick her up?

- Yes, I will get out of here in a little while.

- Thank you Barry. I'll call the day nursery to say that today is you that will pick her up.

After Joe thanked me again, I took my cell phone and texted Caitlin to say that I would no longer be able to go through STAR Labs because I had to do babysitting. As soon as my shift was over, I left and went to the day nursery  seeking small Jenna. When we arrived at Joe's house, Jenna set her backpack and coat down to her room, while I went to the kitchen to prepare her a snack.