Don't Forget About Me: Part II

There are people who live in total darkness, where they themselves get lost in their own darkness. We look at these people and it's stamped on their face: "I'm in darkness." But for all darkness there is a light, at the end of a dark tunnel there is a light, but you have to want to be in that light.

At this moment I felt that I was completely consumed by darkness, as I had just lost all the people who cared about me, my home and my very existence, but like all tunnels that have a light at the end, I also found mine.

"Jessie?" I asked turning to the voice behind me. When I saw that she was the one behind me, the first thing that crossed my mind was that if she knows my name it means she knows who I am. And then I wondered how she remembers me, but the rest don't.

- Everything is okay? You seem lost in your thoughts.

- Let's say I didn't have a very easy afternoon.- I said and then I told her everything that happened, from our mission until I woke up in that warehouse and that nobody remembers that I exist.

- Well, this sounds like another one of those Mexican soap opera stories. Now I understand why you have this facial expression. But if nobody remembers you, how do I recognize you?

- I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that you are from another Earth. Maybe his powers don't affect the other Earths, just this one. But I have no idea!

- The positive side is that I recognize you and I can help you with whatever it takes to reverse this bizarre situation. What's our next step?

- The next step is for me to go to the nearest pension and rent a room for a few nights. In the morning, we have to start looking for the meta-human that put me in this situation.

- I was also going there, if you want we can combine business with pleasure and we could rent a room for both of us. That way we even managed to split the costs.

Despite this whole situation it's always nice to know that there is someone who remembers me and I'm extremely happy that Jessie has decided to come for a vacation to Central City. After making sure the street was empty, Jessie used her speed to lead us to the beginning of the street where the pension is and when we entered, we asked for a room with two single beds. However if I thought this day had been bad, compared to tomorrow, this was child's play.

It was a little tricky to fall asleep as my head kept thinking about this afternoon and how nobody remembered me, but more precisely how Barry didn't remember me. The next morning, after we both finished our morning routines, we left the pension and went to eat something at Jitters. I confess I was a bit reticent to go there as it's where the STAR Labs people go, but luckily none of them were there today.

- So you already know where we are going to start with the search for BrainWasher?

- I happened to be thinking about it and I think we could go to a bar that is frequented only by meta-humans. It's not guaranteed he's there, but someone might have seen him. Are you still going to the lab this morning?

- Yeah! Why?

- Do you think you can bring some handcuffs that suppress the powers? In case he's at the bar, so we can capture him.

- Yes absolutely. By the way, I think I'm going to go there now, so I surprise my father and Wally. Meet me at lunch?

"Of course." I replied smiling and Jessie left the table to go pay for what she had consumed.

After I finished eating, I went to pay at the counter and left the Jitters and headed towards the Central City park. Whenever I need to organize my ideas and clear my head a little or whenever I need to make a more complicated decision, I come to this park, because the environment relaxes me and helps me to think better about whatever it is necessary.