🌸Chapter 17🌸

*Contains Smut*

''Pachyderm isn't a word' Harry argued, shoving a rough hand through his hair. When he said he was competitive Louis expected him to pout when he lost or something. Not go on a full-blown argument every time Louis got a good word.

It was amusing to begin with, Louis is a tease, he liked ruffling Harry's feathers, but at this point he generally looks like he's in distress.

''It's a large species of mammal, like a hippo or rhino'' Louis explained, and Harry huffed, flipping through the mini dictionary to prove Louis was cheating.

There was a minute of silence, Louis watching Harrys features begin to churn as he stopped at a page. With a wide grin and a click of his tongue Louis extended his hand to Harry, who sat cross legged. If this was a cartoon, smoke would be coming out of the younger man's ears.

''Good game'' Louis stated, and Harry looked up to him with squinty eyes, but sighed, putting down the book and shaking hands with Louis.

''I still won'' Harry muttered, standing up, holding a hand out for Louis to take.

The two of them hadn't spoken about what happened at the park yet, neither of them wants to be the person to start the conversation but they want it to happen, they want clarity and something to happen, they are just too chicken, scared the other doesn't want the same.

Louis smiled at Harry as he stood before walking over to the dining table. To Harry's request, they played the board games on the floor, saying it was more nostalgic that way. Louis guesses it has something to do with Harry playing it as a kid. But at the same time, what poor soul got stuck to have to deal with moody Harry and scrabble.

''Want a drink?'' Louis asked, making his way over to the kitchen units. Turning his head around to see Harry standing awkwardly in the middle of the living area nodding his head.

Louis pulled two bottled water bottles from the hotel fridge and placed them on the table, looking back at Harry as he unscrewed his lid.

''Okay what's the matter?'' He asked, eyeing the curly haired man with a small smirk.

''I can't pretend anymore'' He stated without hesitation before walking forwards to the table and Louis, picking up his bottle of water, not breaking eye contact. ''I need answers'' He finished and took a gulp. Louis watched his Adams apple bobble as he drank. He nodded and walked round the table to stand next to Harry.

''Okay, I need them too'' He said, softer than normal, showing how sincere and serious he really is about them. Harry sighed and sat down on the table; Louis stood a couple centimetres away just looking at him.

The two of them stripped of their blazers when they entered Louis' room, they both wore their suit trousers, Harry's a camo green and Louis a normal navy while Harry wore a black t-shirt with the word 'truth' on it in white writing and Louis wore a washed-out Rolling Stones tee, which actually suited the trousers rather nicely.

''How did this happen for you? You hated my guts when I first met you, and now you're here saying you caught feelings'' Harry began, and Louis sighed and nodded.

''I know, it confused me for a long time too'' He began, one arm crossing his stomach and the other running through his air. ''I'm not sure when I started caring for you but that day when I upset you, I got back to my room and Niall had this massive chat with me, about you and something just clicked, and when I put that effort in for you the next day and apologised and suggested somewhere to go. I have never done that before or cared enough about someone to even consider a gesture''. Louis finished, Harry's face showing a million different emotions.