Chapter XXXIII: I Play Wii With A Monster

Remember when I said that when it rains in a sunny day it means there's something wrong that's gonna happen? Well, guess what? I'm right. But as usual. I had no idea how right I was until the last second. That's normal me for you.

We parked in the parking lot as rain suddenly poured. The sun was still out in the distance so the rain made a good rainbow.

"Weird weather," Skye contemplated.

"This is normal here in Asia," Cho reassured her. "Most of our Japanese elders say it's because the sun is crying, some say it's because a monster is being born, but in Altheanian terms, raining at a sunny day means bad luck."

And as expected, I didn't note the "bad" part in my Altheanian notes of stuff that I-need-to-remember-or-I-might-die.

Cho got out first (yeah, she got wet) and she went to the car's trunk. There, she took out a handful of umbrellas and she went back in the car. My guess is that it's very typical for it to rain while the sun is visible here in Japan at late fall since they have umbrellas at the ready.

She handed us a bunch of umbrellas then she told us to get out.

I opened my umbrella and I tried to get out, but I smacked my head on the car's ceiling. My bearings got back again and finally got out. Keith went out next, then Cynthia, then Skye from the shotgun seat and - last but not the least - the two Edheroses: Felix - my wolf - and Keith's cheetah, Elle.

I looked around me and found all of us except Cynthia and Cho with umbrellas. Cynthia's situation is understandable - she's an Aquanian and Aquanians are water-proof; but Cho's status is a bit...off. She's a Soranian and as far as I know, Rain and cold resistance isn't a part of a Soranian's bonus features.

"Hey," I caught up to her. "Are you okay? Being rained on and stuff? You might catch a cold, y'now."

She sighed then she said, "It's part of my training."

"Uh...okay." I mumbled.

I was about to fall back and say something stupid to Skye and the others when Cho continued.

"In Japan, we have our own Academy, but it's only one." she explained. "We specialize in resistance and agility techniques. The rain helps me build up my Casting resistance."

"Okay," I replied. "Though, explaining the whole thing is not necessary."

She sighed again. A deep meaningful sigh as if she was underwater for a year.

"I believe you have something to tell me earlier?" She said.

"How did you know?" I asked, recalling my dream this morning.

"I'll tell you later. We're here." Cho stopped abruptly and I looked up to see the big G7 building looming over us.

The whole thing looks like a super-market, except ten times big. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be like game land inside. Maybe 4 to 6 floors of awesomeness.

There were glass doors and a normal-looking Japanese guard standing at the entrance; he looked like a teenager.

A bunch of teenage Japanese guys went to the entrance, but the guard dude stopped them. He said something in Japanese and the Japanese dudes annoyingly replied back. A second later, the Japanese guys walked away with a dissapointed look in their faces.

"What's with that?" I asked.

"Yeah, I agree." Felix said. I didn't realize he was with me the whole time. Well, he sure does love to stalk and be nosy.