Chapter XLIV - Part 2: The Story of Rein

The next thing I knew, I was back in the Deka Sanctuary. And it looked the same from the one I visited in Japan, but with a few key differences:

1. There is no "Rhyme or Die" warning notice.

2. Instead of hundreds of floruoscent lights, thousands of hovering goblets of white fire illuminated the room, which had the same effect.

3. Where the elevator should've been, a wooden staircase was installed.

4. A bleak smell of death hung in the air.

Aside from that, it looked exactly as the Deka Sanctuary in Japan. All the bookshelves are still here and stuff.

"Where is Rein?" Ymir's voice echoed throughout the sanctuary.

"He's here, your majesty," another voice replied.

I walked towards their voices and I found Ymir and a man by a wall with a stone tablet stuck on it. And by stuck, I meant that the tablet looked like it got hammered on the wall in a random angle.

"Are you positive that this is his chamber?" Ymir asked.

The man, who bore an uncanny resemblance to Kal - probably because he is Kal - looked as old as me. Actually, it wasnt even proper for me to adress him as a man. The future Min-Guardian of Deka nodded and pressed his index finger on the stone tablet. When he did, the tablet sank into the wall and the wall shined in great brilliance, revealing a door. Ymir inhaled as if to brace himself and he opened the door. Behind the door looked somekind of floating piece of metal the size of the door that was opened. On the metal thingy was a body: Rein's body. Ymir and Kal gasped at the sight of Ymir. I'm not suprised when Ymir gasped, but I wondered why Kal did, since I'm sure that he's the guy who brought him here or something. But I think I know why.

For being dead, Rein doesn't look like he got assassinated or something. He looked very much alive. No cuts or bruises can be seen on his body. His clothes doesn't have a single mark on it. How did he die? From a heart attack?

"Kal, are you sure that he is dead?" Ymir looked suspiciously at Kal.

Kal looked as astonished as Ymir. "But...Your highness, Rein was brought here dead and hardly recognizable. His body was devastated and broken. This is impossible!"

The king leaned closer to Rein and he snapped his fingers. "Release the Shadows veiling my target." Ymir whispered then he made a Casting Tech. I guess people in the past-Althea can generate enough Aura energy by just snapping their fingers.

A form glittered under the metallic, floating bed. It took awhile before the glitter formulized into a girl, shivering and apperantly scared. My guess is that the girl is hiding. She looked up to Ymir from underneath, then Ymir, who just nodded at her, sternly said, "Maryal, did you do this?"

The girl, who must be Maryal, stood up. In doing so, she hit her head on the mettalic, floating table-bed. Yelping in obvious pain, she grabbed her head and slowly slid out. Maryal, at that time, looked as young as a fifteen-year old girl. Which is to say, very young and very beautiful - no wonder Kal married her. She was wearing a uniform that the nurses here in Althea wore - a clear sign that she is a nurse.

At first she gulped and breathed deeply. Then she answered, "Yes, your majesty. I-I didn't mean to do it. I just...I just sensed that his Spirit was still in his body even though-"

"You 'sensed' his Spirit?" Kal cutted her. Maryal nervously nodded.

Kal looked at Ymir and gave him a look that said, "She can do that?"