Chapter XXXIX: Meeting Big Ben

It's raining. I'm somewhat sure that this was not Miami.

I found myself lying facedown on cold wet stone. Rain poured on my back, lightning flashed and I caught a quick view of my surroundings.

A deserted road. I was in the middle of a deserted road. I found my body moving then I sat up. There were glowing, glass lamp posts and closed shops on the sidewalk.

For some reason, my back shivered as if something was creeping in it and the rain drops slowed down around me. It only meant one thing - danger is coming towards me and I think I know what.

Rather blindly, I rolled towards the sidewalk. Time resumed again and a honking car with wild headlights rushed along where I rolled from. That was a close one.

Where was Bernard and the others? What happened? Did they get teleported to Miami? I hoped not or else I'd be stuck there. No money, no food, no everything. Well except my clothes, bow, dagger and brain.

In a flash, memories of me thinking of Big Ben in that Teleportation circle came back to me.

What if I'm the only guy that got here - wherever I am?

Lightning flared up the skies and thunder roared. Where am I?

The rain stopped raining down on me for no reason. I looked up and a policeman - he looked like one - held an umbrella over me.

He started talking in a foreign language (not Altheanian). When he figured that I don't speak his tounge, he tried English, "Boy, what are you doing in this kind of place in the middle of the night?"

"I-I don't know." I shivered.

"Come on, I'll bring you to the police station," he said, giving me a hand.

I grabbed it and fully stood up. I looked at him. He looks normal enough. It felt weird talking to a normal person as if I haven't done this for lots of years. Or worse, my whole entire life.

"So, are you from around here, boy?" The police guy asked as we walked.

"Not really-" I was suddenly cutted off. Something held my other hand, which was free, and pulled me away from the guard.

The guard gaped at me as I escaped from his grip. "Hey! What the-?" He exclaimed.

I looked to whoever was pulling me and I saw an average height figure in a black cloak tightly holding my hand. I tried to twist my hand away from his grip but his hands were as tight as iron.

The policeman started pursuing us with a whistle and a baton. "It's the black rider! It's the black rider!" He yelled. "Stop!"

Black rider? Sounds like a criminal.

The guy who was pulling me didn't care whether I was being dragged or not. He continued running. This remembered me of my meeting with Skye.

"Where are you taking me?" I demanded.

"Are you from Althea, boy?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah-"

"I'll never surrender!" He yelled at the policeman. He abruptly stopped, placed his gloved hand on the road and a dark ring blazed like a fire. He jumped in with me getting dragged right behind him.

As I entered, my vision diminished and became dark. The darkness was so intense it felt as if it's eating me. I couldn't see anything.

______

I realized I passed out. I woke up on a white normal bed in a brightly lit room that looked like a bedroom. My head was slightly throbbing like I got hit in the head by a metal baseball bat. The Unios bow and my Cloud dagger lay beside me.