Chapter XXIX: Shifting Worlds

Author's Note: Hey guys, sorry for the reaally long wait. I'm just awfully busy at these times of the year. I'm gonna make new chapters fast. See ya at the end of this chapter! Enjoy!

Chapter XIX: Shifting Worlds

I woke up in the middle of a carnival.

And I'm not talking about a place where ferris wheels, roller coasters, and crazy booths littered everywhere. I'm talking about a large, medevial circle with jesters, jokers (I think you know what I mean by this), people in mighty clothes, people in crappy clothes and other people you might see in a 5th grade medevial play.

But what was the most interesting, I pass through people and they can't see me. It's like I'm a ghost or somekind.

Must be another dream, I thought.

In the distance, I heard a loud trumpet blare then someone shouted, "Prince Nicholas has returned!"

I looked behind me, then found Nicholas (In his younger form he looked like 17 years old). He looked bleary eyed like he cried his way to this place. His clothes were somewhat torn. His face filled with terror. He was traumatized and I think I know how.

"T-Tempest," he mumbled as he fell to the ground.

"Guards, call the healers!" someone yelled.

I saw a couple of guys in white robes come out of a bright red tent. They surrounded Nicholas then they started a chant.

I saw a boy then a teenage girl come out of the red tent. One has blue hair, she looked like 15; and the boy has dark black hair, looking like a 12 year old.

The boy looked straight at me like he can see me. Then I knew why. The boy is Alfrey, my dad. For a moment, I thought he will go march up to me, but the blue haired girl (which I figured to be Penelope - the future Pri-Guardian of Aqua) drove him toward Nicholas.

For a second, I thought I'm stuck in here forever, whatever that evil, white haired, Bernard did to me.

"Darkness...engulfing...fires...light fading...," Nicholas wailed out loud.

I don't know what happened, but the next thing I know, I'm right near Nicholas with the crowd. I was like 100 feet away from him when he came in the scene, but now I'm near enough to kick him. Teleportation in dreams perhaps?

I was right infront of my dad with Nicholas' sorry form between us. The healers were frantically dancing, no wait, they're casting a Casting Tech.

My dad looked at me with his young eyes. He suddenly said, "Help my brother. Please!"

He said it directly at me. Penelope looked at her little brother like he's insane.

"Alfrey! The medics are helping!" Penelope scolded.

"No! They're not the ones who I'm talking to!" he pointed at me.

"What-? I don't see anyone," Penelope said.

My dad ignored his sister then he yelled at me, "Please! You know he can't be healed by mere healers of the kingdom!"

Then something strange happened. Everything turned black and white. Time froze. Only my dad and I were moving. And every living person near us looked like they were on fire. But not just any fire. They had assorted flames. Penelope has a bright blue flame while the others have green, purple, red, white, and yellow and so on.

"Please! Help my brother!" dad repeated. He was engulfed in gray flames. Same as me.

These flames are known as Auras. The essence of life. The pattern of Casting Techs, I heard something say in my head. The voice sounds awfully familiar yet distant.