Chapter XVIII: My First Day

Rafael made me sign papers with a fountain pen, which is like horrifying as washing a ton of underwear.

Why you ask? The letters are so small and massed that I can hardly see a word.

After a few more minutes, I finally did the last initials of my name and flipped the pages.

Ralph grabbed it from me and got inside a room; must be a filing room.

"That was pretty hard." I said as the door closed shut.

"Well, you haven't heard of the rivalry of Rafael and Alfrey right?" Bernard said.

"Nope, what is it?"

"Let me get this straight first okay? Rafael is the Pri-Guardian of Nova. He made the Timepiece - the normal one - to present it to their dad, Ymir, to measure time like a watch and gave other copies to his brothers and sisters, but when war broke loose, Alfrey modified it using a Temporanian Soul and thus the Caster is made." Bernard said.

"So, I'm guessing my dad presented it to Ymir and Ymir liked it better than the normal timepiece?"

"Exactly." Bernard affirmed, "That's when Alfrey and Rafael started their rivalry."

"By the way, are all the people back in the Soranian Palace, Pri-Guardians?" I asked.

"Yes, all of them are." He replied, "There is the eldest, Nicholas the Pri Guardian of Sora, next is Frey the Pri Guardian of Terra, next is Penelope the Pri Guardian of Aqua, next is Andrew the Pri Guardian of Fire, and Alfrey the Pri Guardian of Tempora - which is absent since he's kidnapped- and, of course, the twins, Rafael and Khael, the Pri Guardians of Nova and Heka, and there is Jason."

"Who's Jason?" I asked.

Before Bernard can answer, Rafael went back in with a big box.

"Here's your uniform, Soranian Badge, and ID." He said; dropping the box in my arms and tossing an ID with my picture and name on it. Where they got that picture, I don't know.

"That box also includes some of the items you left here when your mom took you with her" Rafael said, "So, do you still remember your room, Tony?

"It's Anth-"

"Yes, of course." Felix answered before I can finish; Felix seems to be begging me not to push the guy.

"Very well, your class starts at 9:30 AM Tomorrow at room B3." Rafael said, "So, get a good night sleep."

I looked outside the office window, its already dark.

Bernard and I was getting up when Rafael suddenly spoke.

"One more thing, Antonius." He said, "Protect the Unios bow with all your heart. Don't you dare hummiliate the Soranian Kingdom again."

He gestured at the Unios bow next to my old metal bow slung on my shoulder. I hadn't realized that it's still on my shoulder.

I took a gulp, bowed, then left the office with Bernard, now bringing both the big box and my newly bought stuff.

I shivered as I stepped out the school. The air is cold as if it fell from 38 degrees to negative 5.

"First night outside Sorania?" Bernard said.

"Y-yeah." I shivered.

Technically yes, the night I first got here was not so cold, maybe it wasn't cold at midnight, or I wasn't paying much attention last night.

Bernard patted my back as we walked back to the dormitory. The party must've ended since there's no disco pop music audible when we got near.

When I thought they are all asleep, a loud cheer erupted from inside the building.